they're trying to drive me insane!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perabalaofmystery

:wacko:
so this morning i woke up to a flooded cage. one of my chillas stuffed an oat in the spout and emptied it out. It took 40 minutes to soak it up and scrap the soggy poo up. then i had to scrub the cage..
after i got that all cleaned up i decided to vacuum the chilla area. ...the vacuum got cloged almost instantly with chilla mess. i spent another 30 minutes fixing the vacuum.

several hours later when i thought the horrors were over i walk into the chilla room to find the cage flooded ...again.
i had to send my boyfriend out to get a new bottle while i had to blowdry 2 soggy upset chillas and clean the cage again.

i love my furballs to death but sometimes i wish they would behaive lol

He might have actually, I had one who I witnessed stuff a apple twig piece into a water spout, he did it numerous times. They aim to get into as much trouble as possible!

Yeah, and for it to happen again so soon after the first time...sounds like mischief to me!

Well, I certainly did just get my morning chuckle! LOL, sounds to me as if you have quite the trouble makers! :O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with Dawn, they strive to get into as much trouble as they possibly can, my girls like to pee in places where they aren't suppose to even though they have bedding at the bottom of their whole cage and an extra toilet on the second floor, but nah, they like peeing next to, opposite to or in front of the toilet, but rarely in it.
Oh well, that's them, it just bothers me sometimes that they might get their fur or feet wet from the pee.

One time, when I was gone on vacation, I left my chinchilla in care of my neighbor and my chinchilla bit the plastic water bottle even though it was outside of the cage and flooded the whole cage. The neighbor said she had to go buy another water bottle and my chinchilla made a mess when i came back. He hates being left behind without me there. He goes crazy and tries to destroy everything he can reach. When I came back, he was mad at me and wouldn't let me pet him for a day lol

lol im just glad they didnt do anything else after that. theyve been giving me the stink eye all day like it was my fault they got wet in the first place.
hopefully they learned a lesson and wont do it again.. but knowing my pair of furbutts theyll do something similar again in the future.

One time, when I was gone on vacation, I left my chinchilla in care of my neighbor and my chinchilla bit the plastic water bottle even though it was outside of the cage and flooded the whole cage. The neighbor said she had to go buy another water bottle and my chinchilla made a mess when i came back. He hates being left behind without me there. He goes crazy and tries to destroy everything he can reach. When I came back, he was mad at me and wouldn't let me pet him for a day lol

my chins do that as well. (not the bitting through the bottle par though)
i swear they tip over their food and throw their litter and hay around to punnish me. when they think i've been "bad"

sneaky chins !!!!! yes I agree chins are up to mischief !!!! Mine gets demanding when she wants out she actually picks at the lock with willow sticks and releases the latch so I had to secure a top latch so she can not get out...chins are very smart !!!!!!! I cant even imagine dealing with soggy chinchillas !!!!!!!

my chins do that as well. (not the bitting through the bottle par though)
i swear they tip over their food and throw their litter and hay around to punnish me. when they think i've been "bad"

yeah :) My chinchilla's really not used to being handled by any other person than me because for almost 7 years now, I fed/took care of him. My family doesn't care about my chinchilla and has ignored him and whenever he hears me coming downstairs or near his cage, he popcorns in his cage and makes as much noise as he can by running down the shelves. when i was on vacation for 5 days, my neighbor said he didn't eat much food and he flooded two water bottles which is big because he never has done that while I was there.

Back