These look like bathroom rugs IMO

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They kind of look like un-dusted chins...kind of scraggly looking. I like the smooth, shinier coat better...

I think they are cute.

Working with genetics can be interesting, but I kinda' hope these guys stay in the hands of experts. I can see some BYB getting ahold of a few when they become more common and really messing them up....

Nothing "new" about these chins. I had a violet male that was beautiful waves down his back. I was going to breed him but then found out that is a flaw that it is not desirable in your herd. It is genetic and will even skip generations and it's back in the herd again. Being an undesirable trait for pelting animals they do very poorly on the show table. I sold my guy as a pet and then regretted selling him.

Ronda

They look like poodle chins! Haha! I would like to see one in person. Don't want one, but would like to actually see one.

The curly coated charcoal has been around since the 1960s. The first one was born in Minnesota at the Sakrison ranch back in 1963-4 so it's not new at all, just 'hidden' as sometimes happens with recessive genetics.

Nothing "new" about these chins. I had a violet male that was beautiful waves down his back.

Sounds very pretty, do you think he may have had charcoal genes (seems it's possibly specifically linked to that rather than a different eb. mutation), or could it have been a different mutation causing the curls?

I think they're lovely, I had a rex rat so they remind me of his coat (he had curly whiskers too, as I've also seen in some of the Locken chins). I could definitely be tempted to buy one.

Back