The head bob... is it normal?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roni Jasper

I just got a new little girl a few weeks ago and noticed this odd head bob that she does while I'm holding her. It reminds me of how meerkats behave when they attack a snake. Do you know if this is just normal baby chin behavior (it's been years since I've had a young chin and my older girls don't do it.) or is she feeling threaten by my holding her? Thanks

If I'm visulaizing it properly, it sounds like what my one chin does when she wants to get down for playtime. When I'm holding her and she deciedes she wants to get down, it's almost like she's scoping eveything out to see how far of a jump it is and to see if there's anything near her to hop onto to make the decline easier. If it's only occuring while your holding,her maybe that's what's going on. My other chins will do this too if they climb up high (like on a book self) and are attempting to climb down. Maybe she's just young and curious? I'm not quite too sure.

You know Jarp is right, it can be a sign of a neurological disorder. But it's probably not that if she's only doing it while being held. It never hurts to get a new chin checked up anyway.

Back