The Chin That Ran Away

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have wire traps, maybe you could try covering part of the trap with a fleece blanket , so it looks more appealing to get in. You can put some chamomile flower heads in the trap ( the smell may attract chins attention).

Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything... But are we even still sure if the chin is alive? It sounds like a large building/workspace; maybe she found a way out of the building itself. I'd be especially be worried of it chewing and eating things it shouldn't especially wires and such. It's already been over a week, and the more time that goes by, I highly doubt you are going to find the chin alive, if at all... :(

Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything... But are we even still sure if the chin is alive? It sounds like a large building/workspace; maybe she found a way out of the building itself. I'd be especially be worried of it chewing and eating things it shouldn't especially wires and such. It's already been over a week, and the more time that goes by, I highly doubt you are going to find the chin alive, if at all... :(

They've had many sightings of her if you read the thread thoroughly, I know the longer it's gone, its less likely to be found alive, but they have seen her and I think there's still hope.

That's so great to hear! I love a happy ending. I'm so glad that the chin is back. Now your task is to make sure that the chin is eating and pooping and drinking water because stasis is a real concern when a chin hasn't been eating consistently over a few days time. The stress of the *journey* alone can push them off their feed, and it only takes a short period of time to get gut stasis. If there aren't lots of poops and if the food isn't being eaten you'll want to come back and search force feeding so that you can get this one back on track. I wish you luck and happiness with your chin back in it's home. Yea to the happy ending. - Jessica

I was reading the whole thread and was worrying if the chin is alright. Here we go! she was caught! Is she ok??

I'm so glad too! Of course, the chin is very unhappy about being caught. We put out maybe about ten food bowls and ten water bowls all around the store. We checked them every day, and there were poops near them and the food was always gone. That chin sure was a naughty one! She pooped all over our products and cat trees, and soooooooo many customers complained that there were poops on the trees. My manager got fed up w/ the complaints, so she organized a catch-the-chin party. I wasn't there, but I got the info from Jeanette. When I came to work on Sat., the chin was still quite upset at being caught, and she would constantly come and bang her little paws on the sides of the cage. Later on though, she calmed down and went to sleep. Yeah, we put out two full bowls of food for her in the cage, and a large bowl of water, so that should encourage her to eat. We're all so glad she's safe and back where she belongs. :)

Wow! That is fantastic. I am so glad to know she is safe. I had gotten to the point where I thought that she was either not going to be found or was found dead. This is a much better ending. YAY!

I don't blame her for being upset about getting caught... imagine the fun she could have had at night... haha.

I'm glad you caught her and she is safe, what an ordeal. Glad it didn't turn sour.

Yeah, me too. I'm so glad that nothing bad happened to her. We all feel so relieved that she's back in her cage, and that she didn't get out of the store.

Latest posts

Back