Terrah & Mia update -- 1 month after Terrah's spay

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TashaR

I'm happy to report that Terrah and Mia are both happy and healthy! Terrah dropped about 125g following her spay, but she's slowly putting it back on. She's entirely weaned off critical care and is eating 100% on her own. I weigh her every other day to watch for any drops, but so far it's all been growth.

Mia will be a month old on Jan 10th. She is absolutely adorable and adores attention. She is the most laid back, adaptable chinchilla -- which makes sense, given in her first day of life she was all over the place.

They are both back with their cagemates. Terrah is spayed, so there's no risk putting her back with a male. And I hope no one ever says that chinchillas don't remember each other. Terrah, Damon and Rhea have been together for seven or eight years, and when I put Terrah back in that cage, both Damon and Rhea spent nearly an hour grooming her and snuggling. They like to all pile up now!

Here are some pictures!

When Terrah was still being handfed:

Terrah001.jpg

Back with Rhea (mosiac)! It's easy to see how much weight Terrah has lost; she and Rhea are usually about the same size.

Terrah003.jpg

Baby Mia

Terrah006.jpg

Terrah -- pardon the crappy fur. She's just recently had her first dust bath since the spay nearly a month ago. Yes, I'm paranoid.

Terrah010.jpg

Her incision, now. I never did take one when it was just put in.

Terrah011.jpg

They both look great, Tasha. It looks like she is rebounding from such a traumatic experience nicely. I bet she was in absolute heaven when she got to take her first dust bath again.

Her incision looks wonderful! I remember after getting my Max neutered....his first dust bath after healing was like watching a kid in a candy store. Gotta love them! Glad everything has come out roses;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back