Teeth?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sendra

Chin-zilla!
Tribble was checked for malo awhile ago and was cleared, but now the tip shape of her front teeth seem... off to me, namely because the bottom incisors look more pointed towards the middle. Can any experienced chin parents give me input?

Attachments

• 20130117_001856-1.jpg
    20130117_001856-1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 34
I'm not hugely experienced but you may want to get her checked out again. I do find it a little odd though that the top teeth though angled are not at the same angle of the bottom teeth. But malo has multiple reasons for showing up and possibly it is just showing up now.

Is the chin eating normally and check for wetness around the eyes and/or drooling. But I think there are threads on malo here, just search for them.

The only way a chin can be "cleared for malo" is a oral exam under gas and x-rays, a simple otoscope exam during a wellness check will not clear a chin. Reason I ask is incisor issues are often precursors to molar issues, the upper incisors are a tad long and the occlusion is a tad off and should be watched, I would make sure the chin has plenty of chew things they like and chew on and a eye kept on the length.

The only way a chin can be "cleared for malo" is a oral exam under gas and x-rays, a simple otoscope exam during a wellness check will not clear a chin. Reason I ask is incisor issues are often precursors to molar issues, the upper incisors are a tad long and the occlusion is a tad off and should be watched, I would make sure the chin has plenty of chew things they like and chew on and a eye kept on the length.

By over-all check up I do mean just that. It was an _everything_ checkup, including the x-rays, feces analysis, etc.

Edit: She's scheduled to go in at 9:45 tomorrow morning to the vet.

For a comprehensive check like that, what was being looked for? Chins are not put under for x-rays and the such as part of a wellness exam, you only take that risk for a reason. And if the chin is going to be put under again, have the incisors trimmed.

I just noticed mine has this same issue. I always examine him when I do a deep cage cleaning every week or so and I saw his top teeth were like this, except his are even more angled inwards. I'm nervous... there is a bad blizzard here now but I'm going to have to get him checked out . I'm in the Boston area.

I was examining his toys wondering if maybe it was something he was chewing on causing this. He is only about 3-4 months old. His eating habits are very healthy to date.

Back