Tail Wagging

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolanu

The Clueless
I know that when males wag their tails and talk they're flirting, but what does it mean when a female silently wags her tail? My girl Miette does it, usually when she's checking out something outside of the cage, such as being interested in a movie I'm watching.

My boy chin sometimes does more of a swish from side to side (like a dog) when he's excited about getting a treat but doesn't make any noise. I have no idea if it would be referred to as the same as the mating tail wag or it's more along the lines of simply being happy. He hasn't tried "jumping" my hand when I put it in the cage either.

my boy chin seems to wag his tail when he s frustrated, if he is trying to chew the bars of his cage and it's obviously not working, he backs up and shakes his head and his tail side to side. its really adorable

Leo's been doing this a lot lately, I'd say it started within the last week and a half. When hes out for playtime suddenly he'll start making chirp like noises, wag his tail, and "go after" my hand.

Although I know its his mating deal, I must say it's adorable.

My Boy chin dosent wag his tail but recently **** run in a circle and then come back to me xD Usually when im about to feed him or giving him attention.

Sookie has been wagging her tail for the past month and I for the life of me dont know why. My husband guessed she was in heat but from what ive read thats a male trait. Theres no particular circumstance to prompt her tail wagging but I see her doing it from time to time..

Back