Swine flu

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Scrat&SweetPea

this past weekend my mother-in-law and grandfather-in-law watched BooBoo and SweetPea, well Lorri was grossed out that i use blankets to line Sweetpea's cage with. and i was telling her that it's cheaper b/c all you do it wash them and she about throw up and said "dont' you know you'll get SWINE FUL FROM HER" so you guys might want to get your hedgie's shots for the "SWINE FUL" LMFAO she thinks you can get SWINE FUL FROM ANYTHING

lol yeah i do think the swine flu thing is a bit funny. Lol hmm maybe guinea pigs need a swine flue shot :)

Well, I guess her fears are completely reasonable... after all, they are hedgehogs. LOL.

I bet she'd freak right out if you kissed SweetPea on her nose.

she about throws up everytime i tell her i do. i had to get Scrat tested for selmaneal (sp) b/c she kept telling me that he's got it he's got it. and he didn't have it. she freaks out about everything her and her mom do. you know the skin eating disate that was doing around a few years back they kept tell dusty that he was going to get it b/c he has open cuts. thats why i'm not having her babysit my kids when i have them. they will make them afriad of EVERYTHING.

Some people freaks ou way too much. Honestly, if they would have reduced the price of all inclusive vacation in Accapulco or anywere in Mexico, I would go in the blink of an eye. And actually, pigs don't actually "give" the flu to human anyway.

i know they don't but i think Lorri won't eat pork either i'm not really sure but it seems that way.

I was hoping I would go to the store and find a massive sale on ham and bacon since everyone is afraid to eat it right now. No luck. :(

Yeah, speaking of swine flu, we've had like, 10 cases in the whole of BC, and EVERYONE goes crazy! There are so many ppl wearing masks, and masks don't even help! The funny thing is, there are things like STI's and AIDS, and people won't even get tested.

No, the funny thing is, approx. 36,000 people a year in the US die from the regular flu, yet one person dies from Swine Flu and the whole world goes crazy?

We had a confirmed case here this week and everyone is freaking out. I must admit I freaked when I picked up a menu and felt a loogie on the back. It was HUGE and on my fingers!

Shouldve known better that when I had picked up the boys that they gave me my injection of the swine flu already. ;)

Lol, my sister is a Trauma 1 ER nurse and she is so tired of people think they have Swine flu. People freak out about everything. We buy Mexican Coke products because they are made with real sugar and that dropped in price. Hurray Coca cola products out of mexico!!!

If some one kept telling me I was going to get swine flu from kissing a hedgie I'd do it infront of them, cough on my hand and patt their head. :)

No, the funny thing is, approx. 36,000 people a year in the US die from the regular flu, yet one person dies from Swine Flu and the whole world goes crazy?

My tought exactly, it's not worst that the regular flu. It's mainly young kids and older folks that dies because their immune system isn't trong. I bet they would have died even if it was the regular flu.

The media are going too far...once again. Probably the drug companies or whoever trying to make more money because of the whole messed up economy - credit crunch.

We aren't worrying over this side of the world though....wonder where that would get you...NOWHERE. ;)

The media are going too far...once again. Probably the drug companies or whoever trying to make more money because of the whole messed up economy - credit crunch.

We aren't worrying over this side of the world though....wonder where that would get you...NOWHERE. ;)

Thank god Europe isn't getting crazy, cause my parents where a bit scared they would panic and not let all north american in (they have a trip planed in france in 20 days).

I was hoping I would go to the store and find a massive sale on ham and bacon since everyone is afraid to eat it right now. No luck. :(

I got pork for $1.29 a lb, which isn't bad. Bacon was BOGO at our grocery store, which never happens. I am curious if that was a direct result of this.

I work in a pharmacy. During the initial "OMG We're All Going to Get the Pig Flu" reaction, we had approximately 5 calls/day asking about Tamiflu, the drug that (supposedly?) helps prevent/treat flu symptoms. Luckily we'd ordered in several boxes back in October before cold and flu season started, but in the 7 months since we've dispensed... 3 boxes? Now, people want us to stockpile it for them in case PA becomes the next remake of "Outbreak". *sigh*

Latest posts

Back