Super Pet Deluxe Multi Level cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bthny158

Hey everyone, I've decided that instead of building Dolly a new cage right now, I'm going to remodel the one she's in now. I'm not the most creative person so was wondering if any of you had the same cage, if you could show me pictures or explain how you have it set up to give me ideas? I have a Super Pet Deluxe Multi Level cage. Or if you don't have one, if you just have some ideas, those would be great to :) Thanks

I don't know about having the exact same cage, cause it's been so long since I ever actually bought a SuperPet cage (now, I randomly get them in with rescues, but I couldn't tell you exactly which cage I get, by name). Here's two remodeled SuperPet or like-SuperPet cages that we've had...

connected_cages.JPG

tobylarge.jpg

My boys came with the multi-level Super Pet Deluxe. Greychins has a much better example than mine-I didn't bother remodeling and just got an FN-, but I wanted to warn you: I had the Chin Spin and if the boys ran fast enough they learned they could pop the doors open! I woke up to this loud "BANG" as the door slammed against the cage and ran in to check on them and they're both right beside the now open door and freeze to give me the innocent look. :hilarious: I used metal binding clips to keep it together after that, so I suggest extra locks of some kind. My boys didn't get to taste sweet freedom, but I wanted to give a warning! ;)

We did this:
(kinda like what greychins did.)
picture.php

With our 2 PetsMart cages.

Yes, its kinda generic, but its sturdy and should last us until we get a FN or CN cage. We are lucky that ours chins dont chew plastic, but the wooden house and just about everything else is taking a beating!

( I have removed the wheel after learning better, I am currently makeing a heavy duty wheel that probably wont fit in this cage, but all the more reason to get the FN or CN cage. :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for the input. Greychins-Mine is exactly like your third picture :) Chin Up- Until Dolly learns to use her wheel, luckily I don't have to worry about this but will definately keep it in mind. Dolly absoluetly LOVES to play spider monkey so I think I'm going to make an entire floor halfway up the cage. That way I don't have to worry about her falling. I'm hoping to start the project next week :)

Thanks everyone for the input. Greychins-Mine is exactly like your third picture :) Chin Up- Until Dolly learns to use her wheel, luckily I don't have to worry about this but will definately keep it in mind. Dolly absoluetly LOVES to play spider monkey so I think I'm going to make an entire floor halfway up the cage. That way I don't have to worry about her falling. I'm hoping to start the project next week :)

I only saw 2 pictures....:hmm:

I only saw 2 pictures....:hmm:

I dont think she realized that the first one was connected, meaning the second one. It was my first thought as well until I looked a little closer and saw the tube connecting the two cages. Very awesome set ups greychins!!!!

Thanks! I often get cages in with rescues, but not everyone adopting a rescue needs a cage... so they sometimes accumulate. I was going to sell these two cages, because all of my other pairs/trios of chins have at least QC Townhome sized cages, if not bigger... and then came up with the idea of connecting them. Works good so far, they've been connected for awhile now, at least two years, and they have never tried to chew the pipe.

those Superpet cages can be easy for chins to open (that's why I upgraded to FN's). Plase use a (large) binder clip or some other clasp to lock the doors. i've seen a lot of popel having door trouble with them. But assuming you lock the doors with a clasp of somesort, (and you don't have problems with chins chewing the plastic base) they can be nice cages.

Back