Strep Question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paws4Chins

Chin Spirit
I have been sick with bronchitis since Wed night...Dr did do rapid strep Wed and it was neg but today got call 2 say I do have strep after the send out culture. I have been on Antibiotics since Wed and have been very careful to minimize my exposure to Chins and have had others feed them, check on them, and give affection. When is it safe for me to be around them again ....there cage needs cleaning in a bad way. i would think since I have been on antibiotics for 3 days now my chances of passing it to them is not very high at this point but also wonder about the days before Wed when i could have been contagious....Can Chins get Strep and can they get sick from bronchitis.

Best practice would be to ask someone else to clean the cage for you while you take your full round of antibiotics. Once that is done I would resume interaction with the chins.

I'm not sure about strep and bronchitis but I do know Herpes can be passed to chins so if you ever have a cold sore do not handle them.

Back