Stella's New Cage!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmitchell

So, we (alsanow and I) finally got our chins ferret nation 142 set up this weekend, and moved her into the living room. So far I think shes pretty excited to have a little more room. Any where here are some pics of the new set up...

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

Sure did, some kd pine 1x8s and 1x2s. Was able to use a small router to round off the edges and recess a spot for the granite tile. Shes almsot a year old now, we got her from Mike and Connies (M&C Chines), heres a few pics of the spoiled on....

2011-11-30_21-37-26_132.jpg

2012-01-05_21-49-03_469.jpg

2012-04-16_23-14-48_35.jpg

Last edited:
That cage is awesome! How does she do with just that one little litter box? I love the ledges. My dad is good with tools... might have to get him to make me some cool stuff. She sure does look spoiled. Makes me want to scritch her.

I love all the fleece, especially the design. And of course the pink wheel. If I had girls, Most likely everything would be pink. It looks great, and she is just adorable.

Stella's cage is incredible! You did a fantastic job with all of the wood shelves/ledges! Stella is adorable and must love her new cage!

Wow! You did an amazing job. I really like the big wooden shelf in the middle. She is a very spoiled chin indeed and it looks like she is enjoying it so far!

What an awesome cage. I love the middle piece. She is adorable :thumbsup:

cage looks great! i'm sure she'll love it.
but make you feel like she hates it so you have to keep getting things for it lol (that's what mine does) :p

Wow! I love that! What a great idea to do with the big wooden ledge in the middle! So cute and creative! With a well trained chinchilla who didnt pee anywhere Id say it even work on the bottom :)

i know my boys would have that beautiful wood floor/ledge all peed on within days! lol. great cage! now you just need to fill it up with toys from one of our vendors here :))

thanks for all the nice comments. We're trying that corner litter pan, and hopefully can get her litter trained pretty easily, she tends to pee more on the fleece than the wood, at least this was the case in her last cage so hopefully that continues.

She picked up on her wheel pretty quickly, and we've caught her running on it quite a few times already. The swing seems to scare her, I think were going to try to secure it some how to limit the amount it can swing, and hopefully that helps.

Back