Squirt almost gave me a heart attack!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liewwan

It all started yesterday morning when I checked on the chins.
The boys cage had barely any poo compare to the girls cage (normally it's equil or even so the boys got more poo). So I started freaking out and checking if the food and hay was eaten (yes it was like usual). Checked if all the water bottles were working properly (yes it was). Called the vet and they told me to keep an eye out just in case of GI.
I quickly separated them, Chubs on the top and Squirt on the bottom of the fn, to see who is not pooing right. One hour later I saw poo in Chubs section, but no poo on Squirt's section. So I offered Squirt hay and pellets by hand, he ate the hay but not the pellets. Weighed him and his weight was 2g off compare to last week, ok not too worried on the weight than. Quickly ran to 2 feed stores to pick up a new bag of Mazuri (he is the one that has soft poo from it), hoping it'll be easier to poo for him. Came home, still no poo. Ok next stop is get some cc just in case, after chasing down 4 vets and 3 pet stores I got it. Came home and checked, after an all day of running my behind off from freak out mode, this little punk HAS been pooing the whole time! He was throwing his poo out the **** cage the whole time :hair:! I had so much poo under the cage (I didn't check this morning and I vacuum every night under there). Only reason why I know he's the guilty party is I saw him do it. I swear he was laughing when I said to him "You made me go crazy all day thinking you're sick when all you're doing is throwing poo out the cage?"
Enough said and done, next time I'll check the bottom of the cage before I I have another freak out moment. :cry3:

Haha.. Chins like to scare the heck out of you, huh?! Rotten little buggers! Thank goodness everything was ok though!

lmao!!! that reminds me of one play time not long ago with Rhino, who doesn't poo much when out running around, but i do find at least a few. this one day i hadn't seen any poops anywhere during playtime and was getting concerned. it didn't even cross my mind that Rhino was fascinated with a new cardboard box i had just cut doors and windows in and given to him that playtime, and was in it most of the time he was out. when i was tidying up his play area after, i lifted up this box...... a whole pile of poops in there, hahaha!

Oh they scared the "poop" outta me alright.
LOL Yeah chinnymom, isn't it surprising how much poop they can hide lol.
Well here my boys gave me a false alarm and now my girls wants the same attention, except this time it's not a false alarm. It's a round dark poop. Urg, can't stand constipation on animals at times lol.

Back