Sqeaking

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allie1

I finally have my chinchilla's and I decided to get 2 because at the breeders they had bonded really well and I didn't want to split them up.

Toby is 5 months old, he's the beige and Henry is 7 months old and he's a standard.

Henry seems quite calm but as soon as I go near the cage Toby squeaks a lot he did this in the car journey too. I hope he calms down, I'm a first time chin-parent and I wanna do the best I can. I've had them for about 2 hours now.

Any advice?

Attachments

• Henry and Toby.jpg
    Henry and Toby.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 19
Give him time to settle in. He's just scared. Two hours is a very short amount of time. Remember he just left the breeders. I'm assuming it's the only home he's ever known. Try spending time with the boys sitting next to their cage. Talk to them, read to them, you can put your hand in the cage and let them come to you. Some chins come around quickly and others take their sweet time.

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna give them time to settle in.

Sometimes he barks and sometimes he make a clicking sound, what does these sounds mean?

Thanks,

Allie

Buster would give out his "alarm" squeak when we first got him if anyone was being too active around his cage. After about the first month that stopped and now whenever someone is near the cage he's up looking for attention. Just give it time and don't rush contact as it might spook him more.

Latest posts

Back