spiteful Chin.?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemarie

Is anyone else's chin spiteful?
When I have school it's usually a 8 hour day. I wake up usually a half hour early to talk to Benny and make sure he is set for the day with food and hay and water. When i come home i instantly go to his cage and tell him about my day. After I get all settled in I give him play time.
but This past weekend, I didnt spend as much time with Benny as I normally do. he only missed ONE playtime Saturday because I was out from 6am-10pm so When I got home I went straight to sleep. but sunday I went back to spending time with him.
Now the past three days he wants nothing to do with me. He will bite my boyfriend every time my boyfriend puts his hand in there. He wont come out for playtime. He just hides everytime we come near the cage.
I dont know what I should do. I give him his bath and he will come out as long as were not by the cage.
Do you think there's something wrong or he's just mad at us?

Yup - he is a little mad. He will get over it. Just go back to just talking to him and not trying to take him out unless he shows he wants to. Chins are brats that way

Thanks barb. I usually take him out when he wants to, and most the time he wants to come out. I usually transport him with the carrier. cause he does not like to be picked up and he jumps right in the carrier. He usually listen but now he just ignores me.

He will look at me from the corner of the cage and just stares at me like i should pay attention to him then when i do he goes and hides.

If he's eating, drinking, and pooping fine, then you're probably witnessing the infamous chin attitude. Just keep to your daily routine/schedule and he'll get over it. Maybe some extra scritches might help too.

No offense, but I love it! :D Chinchillas really do have such personalities. That's a riot. If their paws were long enough they'd probably cross 'em completely over their chests, :rofl:

No offense, but I love it! :D Chinchillas really do have such personalities. That's a riot. If their paws were long enough they'd probably cross 'em completely over their chests, :rofl:

I know I love seeing Benny's personality come out every day. But in their own way they do cross their arms. they just turn around with their backs towards you sitting up. :)

Back