speaking of jobs

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perabalaofmystery

i moved to mankato mn for school over 2 years ago.
i have had jobs in the past though i always got them through my mother.

for the last 2 years i have applied to at least 20 jobs a week every week and i swear i have only had 5 interviews total to date.

this week on a whim i reapplied to cub foods (a grocery store) and walmart (i hate walmart with a passion but im desperate)

the next day i get a call at 8 am from cub giving more info about the job and getting more info from me. today i just had my first phone interview and tomorrow i have my face to face interview. it seems im almost certain to get the job/.

an hour after my phone interview walmart calls and says im so far the best applicant for their meat department job and they want me to come in to interview. so as a back up in case i dont get the cub job i agree for an interview next monday..

an hour after that i get an email from a person who i applied to a house keeping job for. saying i got the job. theyre a family moving to my town part time and offered me 450 in advance for 2 weeks cleaning. and if they like me theyll keep me around.
at most ill be able to take 2 of the jobs. though if i could manage it i would take all three. cause im greedy like that.

ive waited so long barely scrapping by and now all the jobs come at once. it irritating
:banghead:

im rather happy at the moment seeing as the last 3 months i have barely managed to to not be broke. ive hated the whole procces up to this point i have so many emotion. lol i just feel crazy at the moment.

seriously ive gotten 2 more places asking for interviews now. ive started turning them down. a year ago for most of these places i was told "i wasnt qualified" and now their hounding me...
its a good thing though i suppose. i just wish i didn have to suffer for 2 years.

what was really stupid is last night i had a panic attack. i was like a deer in headlights. i didnt know what to do with myself. i never knew the "relief" of getting so many real chances at jobs could be so stressfull.

at least i'll soon have a steady income to keep my chins nice and stuffed with food toys and sticks.
that and so i can actualy build a vet fund.

I totally understand. I've been looking for a job for nearly a year.

Back