SPAM - love it or loath it?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ash - you've claimed to be a redneck in chat before. Spam and redneck goes hand in hand. If you don't eat Spam, give up your tattoo and your redneck status - otherwise, you're just a wannabe...............

LOL... that made my day.

I'm not a huge Spam fan unless it's fried, and then I must have HUGE slab of tomato to stick on it. Does that make me even more of a redneck?

love it. I love spam burgers with sourcrout.
I live in florida now but i used to live in texas were we actually have SPAM fest its fun there are contest on who can make the best food with it.

Spam fried with potatoes (or over a campfire) is the only way I can even eat it....but bacon and potatoes is so much better. I can't stand the way it looks...so I don't bother anymore...it was only cute when we were kids.

I'm married to an islander so Spam is one of the main food groups! I myself like it but only if it's a bit on the crispy side. They at one time had a hot and spicy spam. It wasn't that bad!

im not a huge fan of any meat in a can.

we used to own a deli in the "hood" of trenton, NJ and that stuff used to fly off the shelves!

i have never seen the bacon flavored one as peggy mentioned. the kids may like it.

my sweetie may like it, he is kinda rednecky with lots of tattoos and is a total meat & potatoes guy. (unlike me who likes sushi and salad!).

I love spam musubi!

I also like it baked with fruit cocktail and pineapple over the top... gives it a bit of a glaze... and the fruit is yummy too.

Leah! I love your SPAM and hashbrowns idea! I'm stealing it for this weekend! What kind of Ramen do you put it in? Beef and Chicken don't sound good, but I'm thinking maybe the oriental would be a teriyaki type SPAM!

Any type of ramen. I've even combined the beef and chicken together. I do tend to do the beef more though because I just like the beef better.

ETA: Sumiko, I just saw your post after I hit submit. I never thought of doing that with spam but it sounds delicious!

Last edited:
Fry spam till crispy, put on white bread with american cheese and a pineapple slice, then grill the sandwich, Yum!

I ate it as a kid, but haven't had it as an adult so I don't know if I would like it now or not. My mom still eats it, but Chris would kill me if he found out I was serving Spam. :D

When we were in Hawaii we stopped at a McDonald's and they were serving Spam McGriddles on their breakfast menu.

Okay I am going to be trying the SPAM experiment all next week! I am buying a butt load of SPAM and trying these recipes:
The SPAM and hashbrowns
the grilled SPAM, cheese and pineapple sandwich
I'm stealing the SPAM McGriddles idea
SPAM and broccolli salad you know the broccolli, bacon, cheese, raisin and onion salad!
SPAM and mac n cheese
baked SPAM and fruit cocktail
SPAM and ramen

I'm pretty dang excited!

Combine 1 package tater tots, 1 can of spam diced, 1 can mushroom soup, 1 container sour cream, couple of cups shredded cheddar cheese and mix in bowl well, put in pan, sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs and cook until hot and the bread crumbs are browned.

Back