Something's up.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kit death, a stillbirth, a mother with birthing problems who then died, and a chin with pyo in about 5 months

I doubt that every animal she has is not breeding sound, I know a couple of them came from me and had been fine. Assuming these are not all related that would make 4 different chins that are not breeding sound out of the small number she has, doubtful.

It's possibly that if they still born came from the mom who died after birth that there was a toxicity issue.

You have a Murdoch's there right? What brands of rabbit feeds do they sell? Do they offer Nutrena? The Nutrena site says they sell it at Murdoch's, it's one of the brands that Gene Adcock recommended to me once.

I would also see about doing a gentle antibiotic as a preventative, you need to always make sure you follow through and don't extend treatment though.

She also had a sudden death just recently, that is the chin that really bothers me more so than the rest.

Nicole knows about Sam, Dawn. I think that I'm going to change to Nutrena, any good/ bad things about this one?

Back