Something new for me

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTChin

defender of all animals
I've raised litters here and there over the past 20 years. I have 2 beautiful dark ebonies that have been bred to a really nice dark tan. I watched the breedings so I know exactly when the litters would be due. The one that was due on Dec 11 just gave birth to what looks like a dark tan female. I haven't weighed her yet but she is good sized...not premature looking at all. That's approx 9 days early! I've never had one give birth so many days from the due date.

The other ebony is due tomorrow. We shall see :hmm:

She just had an ebony boy. I weighed them and they are 50 and 54 grams. The female might only be medium tan after all but that's ok :)

Unfortunately I rarely actually see matings. On the occasions I have, they generally run OVER their due date. Interesting though ;)

I know...really! The dark tan male is a very aggressive breeder so I couldn't miss that lol. He came From Cat on here and did really well at a show. The mom is from some famous L-47(?) Whitewoods lines. I'm very excited for these two litters.

;) earlier this year I purchased an aging Hykes standard GSC. He got one of my older mosaic gals (and favorites) pregnant very quickly. I didn't witness it but, well, she was plumpin' rather quickly. Shut her off and she finally gives me A kit yesterday...standard gray :( disappointing but we shall see, maybe she'll be a looker anyhow!

I never knew the exact due dates. I just knew if they were pregnant or not and could tell when they are a couple weeks out by the kick levels...and PS where are the pictures????;)

Unfortunately I have to buy a new camera :( It will be SOON because I have 2 grandchildren and Christmas is coming. Congrats Vyxxin on your standard baby.

I swear these two ebony girls are trying to make me feel crazy. They are both dark ebony but are very distinctive looking so I know I did not mix them up. The one due the 11th gave birth Dec 2 and the one due Dec 3rd has still not given birth. If she gives birth on the 11th, I'll know it's true :crazy:

LOL! You've been in the game too long, probably crazy for sure ;) and TY on the congrats, still a joy finding any babies this long in the business.

I'm such a dork...I must of really forgot who got bred first. My only excuse is my job is making me crazy. Just like they say....111 days. Abeliene gave birth on her exact due date...Dec 11. Jubilee was due Dec 3rd and gave birth on the 2nd.

So forget all the early stuff I posted about :crazy:

I now have 2 dark ebony boys, a light to medium tan boy and a medium tan girl. It's nice to have babes here again.

Back