Soft squeal?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mscreampoof

I was sitting with my chinchilla watching her jump around in the cage then i took some hay and started feeding it through the bars. After she finished the few strands i gave her, she went to her hay carrier and ate more. After she jumped back to where I fed her hay through the wires and started poking her nose out and making a really really soft squealing noise.

Is this because she wants more hay from me?

I recently got this chinchilla less than a week and am trying to get to know her spending time with her. I read somewhere online that tells me not to have play time with her just yet because she still needs to get used to her new cage. So i have to wait at least 2 weeks. But i have to change her fleece soon... so i dont really know how I can clean it and replace the fleece when she's still in the cage... and I have yet to gain enough trust for her to let me pick her up.

Do you have a FN or CN cage? Those make cleaning very easy.

Mine actually lets me vacuum it out with him in it. Sometimes he even chills out on the same level that I'm vacuuming. You can block off one level and change whichever she's not in, then repeat. If you don't have one of those cages... You'll probably have to take her out.

As far as the noises go... I'm not sure. I've only had mine since November. He's about 11 months now. I'm still learning his noises myself. XD

I have a CN cage, and yeah it does make cleaning a lot easier
She let me pet her for the first time today (less than a week after i got her) so i thought we were making progress, but then when i came home today and went to her cage, she kind of just sat there so i put my hand in and she made a "chatter" noise? (i was finding chinchilla noises online) and then i heard her grind her teeth. I dont know if its her angry grinding, or happy grinding.... but i didnt seem to be doing anything?

Back