Snow's update

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkc1038

i just wanted to let everybody know that after Snow's ferret attack she is doing very well. She has been on Metacam and Baytril and Bene-Bac since the attack. The draining has finally stopped but her fur is disgusting with the drainage left overs. I have been trying to wipe the area down with warm water , she is very intolerant of this though. No infection and she is eating and drinking and enjoying the undivided attention as long as I dont mess with her wounds. She goes back to the Vet next Monday to remove her stiches. If she can find them! I think Snow may have ripped them out.
Snow is such a good girl she LOVES her medicine , I call her the Druggie Chin now, LOl she looks so content after her Metacam.

Poor baby has been through so much, it's great to hear that she is on the mend, please keep us posted.

Oh, that's great. I'm glad she's doing well! Give her a get better soon kiss for me!

Oh my gosh. That's horrible. The boyfriend wants a ferret and after reading that story, that's a big N-O! Sheesh. Glad she's doing better.

I have had the ferrets for a number of years and the Chinnies for just a few. I NEVER had an encounter like this one. It was HORRIBLE I am still having trouble sleeping because it could of been prevented.
Ferrets are preditors and are inclined to attack rodents. I feel so bad about the baby, but i know he was killed instantly, Snow on the other hand was in a bite hold i never hope to see again, I may have done more damage trying to get Snow away from the ferret. Her wounds have all sealed and no sign of an underlying infection, but with those kind of bites you never know.

I was wondering if I can possible give her an abreviated dust bath?? She looks soooo miserable, her fur not her.
She is back to her Urine spraying self so I know she is on the mend, so far she has gotten me,my daughter and the wall. LOL
Brittney if you want ferrets you have to be VERY diligent in taking care to seperate the ferrets area and the Chinnies area.

Yeah I have two ferrets and a chinny. I keep the ferrets downstairs, and my chinny up in my bedroom. They have never seen each other, nor will they EVER see each other. I hope everything goes well. And sorry about your loss. I would be devistated.

I've never had ferrets, but I know they can smell chins and head right for them!
I'd think a screen-door spring would be worth a couple holes in the woodwork, just for safety's sake! Make it tight enough to latch the door!
Sorry for the loss of your little one, and glad Momma's gonna pull through!

Yup Ferrets and Chinnies are a hard combination to keep. I am LUCKY(knock on some wood) It could of been MUCH worse,Chinnies are in a room with a locking door, Kids just didnt lock it properly and sneaky ferrets got the door open. I have learned a very sad lesson.
Snow is doing great she is in love with her treats(critical care, Thank You Stacey) and cherrios. Eating well and drinking well so every day is a triumph.

Well just back from Vets for stitch removal. One of the wounds was not healing correctly so they pulled the stitch and wants me to let it heal naturally. This was the deepest wound so it is to be expected. She is still on Metacam for cleaning time and no more Baytril since there is no infection. I am going to be keeping a CLOSE eye on the open wound. No dust baths for this girl for a while, she looks Soooooo bad but I know it is for the better. She is finally eating and drinking and eliminating like usual and I have her cage close to Sumos(not too close) so he sees her and he is eating again.

Latest posts

Back