Sneezing after dust bath

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to reassure its the dust causing chunker sneezing. He was in the bath for a good 10 minutes then he went on top of his ledge and let a small pile of dust get onto it and he sneezed a couple of times. And i checked his nose for mucus and his nose is dry and hes still jumping around like normal and doing his thing. I did clean the area were the dust was and i ad turned the fan on to so im thinking the fan blew some dust around the cage causing him to sneeze. So this is normal if they sneeze a few times after a bath correct? The room isnt cold its at 70 degrees and stable and the fan is turned on so the odor of there urine goes a way quicker after i clean the cage and it seems to help. And the a/c is turned on when the temperatures are higher then 74 degrees.

So if im doing anything right or wrong please tell me. As of now i cant afford a vet visit my dad paid bills already and i want to know hes ok. But if i have to take him to the vet it would have to be next week. But he and his brother are good once again. They are both sleeping i just wanted to get them moving a bit cause they happen to get bored and bute there fur.

I know my chinchilla sneezes a bit after she comes out of a dust bath. I read somewhere on this forum that some chins do sneeze after a dust bath as well.

I wouldn't be too worried unless his nose is wet or there are other indications. Try giving him the dust bath out side of his cage, that way he can shake off the excess dust before going back in his cage and its easier for you to clean up too! =)

more info on this thread:
http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2862

Mine sneezes after a dust bath. I have to admit, it makes me want to sneeze too.

I should've looked before i posted my thread! I actually had the same question :) reading this made me feel much better that its normal!

Back