Small animal rescue in MT... hm...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolanu

The Clueless
I don't plan on going to college, so I have to think about what I want to do. I just had a thought... a small animal rescue in Montana! I hate to be stereotypical, but many Montanans do NOT think pocket pets are more than kid toys to have for a week. We're more of a dog state. Any advice? I'd love to do mostly chins and rabbits since I have experience with them and chins are so rare outside of pet stores here, but I'd be willing to learn about guinea pigs, rats, hamsters, etc. I kind of got the idea from visiting Wee Companions, whom I respect a ton for rescuing mice as well. Awesome job guys!

But more to the point of chinchillas: any ideas on how to find chins that need rehoming? Maybe start ads in the paper or something? I'd love to get the ones out of the local pet stores, they're all in tiny cages eating grapes and apples until I knock heads together. But of course, the $200 price, and the fact that they'd just get more to sell. I don't want to think where all of the PetSmart and Friends chins go after they lose their novelty.

Back