Silent spinners?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chintastic!

I know that they're not good for chins, but I have them from way back when and I wanted to know if any animal could use them. They are the giant ones, I think I have three or maybe four. I feel bad throwing them away.

I finally cleaned out my "storage" room and found them in a box of "bad chin owner stuff." All the stuff I replaced with good owner stuff. Plastic shelves, hay racks, junk.

I would like to donate them to a shelter if they could use them.

I had a pet hamster and got a silent spinner for her, and after about a month, the wheel part broke off its support structure. Luckily the hamster didn't get trapped under/inside the wheel when it broke off.

Then, fool that I was, I replaced it with ANOTHER silent spinner, which broke in exactly the same way about a month later. That was it; I never bought another one and I won't recommend them to other pet owners. They just seem too flimsy to withstand long-term use.

They are the 12inch ones. There is a no kill shelter just down the street that I have gotten 2 chins from in the past. I will probably give them the wheels but make sure they only use them with rats. I never had a problem with the bases, but I never used them. I always just attached them to the side of the cage with the screw on mechinism.
Thanks for helping!

I have also heard about them breaking off and one trapped a sugar glider under it for awhile :( This was mentioned on a sugar glider forum I'm a member of

Back