Show off your chinchillas!(:

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caught my Bob laying like this yesterday. He cracks me up the way he sleeps.

Attachments

• DSCN1390.jpg
    DSCN1390.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 52
Sleepy baby chinchiller! :) Still deciding on a name--it's between Bo and Winston (Churchilla) hehe!

546860_4599561141405_1752532871_n.jpg

Post pictures of your chinchillas/ chinchilla to show how great of a pet you have. Whether its funny, cute, or crazy!

http://imgur.com/naba4,fJbwu,TE3QQ,KVSKL,vEJTf#4

^ These are some pictures of my pretty chins:) ( To view all pictures -At the top of the picture it will say First image, Second Image etc.)

Cute pictures! On a side note, I recommend getting a better wheel that it is made specifically for a chinchilla. Check out the flying saucer or chin spin. Also, i'd replace the plastic house with a wooden house. Plastic is toxic for chins.

Here is one of Tinkerbell. I was trying to sneak up and get a pic of her sleeping, but she caught me in the act.

Attachments

• Tink2013.jpg
    Tink2013.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 39
Cute pictures! On a side note, I recommend getting a better wheel that it is made specifically for a chinchilla. Check out the flying saucer or chin spin. Also, i'd replace the plastic house with a wooden house. Plastic is toxic for chins.

Thankyou, and yes plastic is toxic to chinchillas. But they are the one's that came with them and at the time Sadie my white chin is about to have a kit. So i am not going to be moving things around until the baby is healthy and the mom is ok with it. As for the wheel, its the same story! Thanks again! :)

Here is one of Tinkerbell. I was trying to sneak up and get a pic of her sleeping, but she caught me in the act.

You have a really pretty chinchilla:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou, and yes plastic is toxic to chinchillas. But they are the one's that came with them and at the time Sadie my white chin is about to have a kit. So i am not going to be moving things around until the baby is healthy and the mom is ok with it. As for the wheel, its the same story! Thanks again! :)

Is the wheel still in her cage right now? When a female is about to go into labor, you need to remove all ledges and the wheel so she stays on the ground, with the kits. When my female gave birth I ended up having to completely remove the wooden house because she kept staying on top of it and not with the kits. I ended up putting a glass jar in the cage that she couldn't really stand on. This allowed her to still feel safe with her kits inside of it but it also allowed me to see them through the glass. I wouldn't worry too much about removing the plastic house and changing it up, you're better off with a wooden house that doesn't have the plastic especially since the kit will chew on it too.

Also, are they male and female? If so, the male needs to be removed immediately after she gives birth or better yet, before. This will prevent a breed back which is really unhealthy for the female. Females go into heat right after giving birth and the male will mate with her again.

Last edited:
My beauty queen with her trophy and the a new pic of them sleeping in the new glass dish I bought for a pee pan. :hmm:

Attachments

• 2012-09-17_22-23-54_737.jpg
    2012-09-17_22-23-54_737.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 2013-01-16_14-55-05_976.jpg
    2013-01-16_14-55-05_976.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 22
Is the wheel still in her cage right now? When a female is about to go into labor, you need to remove all ledges and the wheel so she stays on the ground, with the kits. When my female gave birth I ended up having to completely remove the wooden house because she kept staying on top of it and not with the kits. I ended up putting a glass jar in the cage that she couldn't really stand on. This allowed her to still feel safe with her kits inside of it but it also allowed me to see them through the glass. I wouldn't worry too much about removing the plastic house and changing it up, you're better off with a wooden house that doesn't have the plastic especially since the kit will chew on it too.

Also, are they male and female? If so, the male needs to be removed immediately after she gives birth or better yet, before. This will prevent a breed back which is really unhealthy for the female. Females go into heat right after giving birth and the male will mate with her again.

Yes, I have done my research. The wheel is removed, into a cage that she is not in. As for the male I will be removing him right after the birth; the male helps with the birth of the kit.

Back