Shipping bonded chinchillas separately or together?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ippo456

I know there's no guarantee for bonded chinchillas to stay lovey dovey all the time.
So, do you normally ship already bonded chinchillas separately or together?
I'm thinking about how the shipping cage is small, there will be limited food & water .. wouldn't that cause conflicts among bonded chinchillas?
Will the stress of traveling also cause conflicts among bonded chinchillas or you think that having another buddy will lessen the stress?

I've never shipped chins, but I believe that when travelling - each should be separated. Conflicts between chins can occur for any (or no) reason at all. Be safe - and ship them separately.

Each animal has to have it's own individual carrier space. They won't allow you to ship them in the same crate.

Each animal has to have it's own individual carrier space. They won't allow you to ship them in the same crate.

Would already bonded chinchillas remember their buddy if they're put together afterwards?

Would already bonded chinchillas remember their buddy if they're put together afterwards?

I'm sure they would remember each other, I think the issue is whether they will be comfortable and get along together in the new environment. And I suspect it just depends on the two personalities and the new environment.

Back