Seminar by Gary Neubauer Nov. 14-15th

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marshall and I are going to try to go. He loves going to california. I have never been but it will be fun

I just heard from Gary about the seminar, here's the response:

Now we need to agree on a date. The Empress Annual Meeting is the first week in November. We could have our "West Coast Affair" the weekend of October 17 and 18; or October 24 and 25; or November 7 and 8. I rather stay away from November as the Empress National Board sometimes pushes its meeting back to the following weekend. And if we wait another week we get to close to Thanksgiving.
As soon as we have a consensus I want to start advertising and finalize the program.

Yours, Gary

So where is it going to be? Theres like, an 8+ hour drive between the airports mentioned and SoCal... I'll try to go if it's in the Bay Area/Sac area...

I'm not sure yet. :hmmm: I'll post more details as soon as I find out.

Gary told me he would like this seminar to be further north, possibly in Santa Nella or Modesto where we have previously held shows. I will attend no matter where it is held though!

Also...as far as I know this will be replacing the Fall claiming show. We're all going to discuss it in further detail at the meeting in a couple weeks but it seems to be a for sure thing. We also may have someone speaking on the genetics of coat color in chinchillas and other basic things. It won't just be Gary sharing his knowledge, we're also looking into forcing Ellis and Vin to do some talking. ;)

I just got an email from Rod. It looks like the seminar will be held sometime in October possible on the weekend of the 18th or the weekend of the 25th. As mentioned before this will be a two day seminar with multiple speakers, multiple topics and tons of fun! ;) I'll update everyone after the meeting in a couple weeks again. We'll have all the specifics by then.

i am planning on coming too:) and i probably will have room for two more...im in the modesto area.
Sheena

There is information under "THE WEST COAST AFFAIR!"

Here is the information:

The West Coast Affair

This will be a two day seminar hosted by the ECBC California group. The two day seminar includes a variety of the best speakers the industry has to offer talking on topics from their personal experience and knowledge. This is the opportunity of a lifetime to hear some of the biggest names in the industry!

Entry Fee: $25 per ECBC member
$30 per non-member
Prices are per ranch

Date: October 24th and 25th

Times: Saturday~9:00am to 12:00pm
1:00pm to 5:00pm
Sunday~ 9:00am to 1:00pm

Hotel & Room Rates: TBA

Transportation: There will be shuttles available to take people from the airport to the hotel and vice versa.

There will be a super hospitality room on Friday night well worth the price of admission! For those interested, this would be a great opportunity to rub elbows with all of the speakers before the seminar! There is also a banquet on the agenda for Saturday evening.

Participants in this seminar will not bring animals, there will not be a live show but there will be live animals for demonstrations on fur faults so that people can get a more hands on approach at the seminar.

ETA: If anyone has any questions, we will be posting more information on speakers and topics in a couple of weeks. We have to sort everything out!

If you have any questions about anything else please contact the show chairs:

Tabitha(me) on here or at [email protected]
or
Cara at [email protected]

Bummer - that's the weekend of the Ohio claim show... But with my shop, I may not be able to get to either of them anyway.. :(

bummer - that's the weekend of the ohio claim show... But with my shop, i may not be able to get to either of them anyway.. :(
it's ok, you won't be missing much by not going to Cali,Bummer about ohio it's one of the best.

Last edited:
Chinman, I don't know who you are or why you think you and whatever group you are from is superior to the California group, but it is pathetic that you have to resort to insults, hiding behind a "mysterious name."

This seminar is an invitation to anyone who is interested in chinchillas and will not just be featuring the CA ranchers. However, CA does have some excellent ranchers who have proven themselves and their animals on the show table and we are lucky that they are even willing to share their expertise.

Chinman, if you have nothing of value to add to this thread, don't post. Insulting a chapter that you have an issue with is not happening. You want to do that, do it somewhere else, not on this forum.

Don't post to this thread again.

Back