Screaming, flying spider chin!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZChins

Pro Cage Cleaner Champion
Sahuarita, Arizona (a half hour south of Tucson)
I just finished up cleaning up the chin rooms - 136 cages, 252 chins dusted and everything vacuumed floor to ceiling. It feels good to finish!

As I was packing up the shop vac to put it away in it's place my head was about three inches from one of the larger cages with a trio and their four babies in it. I wasn't paying attention to anyone, everyone was asleep and not moving around much. THEN, all of a sudden I heard this SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE noise and something in the cage flew at my face and attached to the side right there! I, being so very normal, screamed really loud and woke everyone up so much that they all bounced around in a wave around the room.

After being startled so much I paid closer attention to what had attacked me. It was a three week old pink white kit. When I looked closer at this kit attached to the side she kacked at me then jumped down and ran away.

Maybe I'm just getting too old for this? Maybe they think they can give me a heart attack eventually?

Anyway...the chins are all crazy...

OK...Here's some pictures...

Her coloring reminds me of one of those Strawberry/Chocolate/Vanilla coconut candies. Her ears are the strawberry. (What are those called, they have to have a name.)

Attachments

• P1010659.JPG
    P1010659.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 99
  • P1010660.JPG
    P1010660.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 111
  • P1010664.JPG
    P1010664.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 113
I repeat - White's are insane.

Everybody say it with me now..................

that is sooooo funny, LOL I cant get the image out of my head. that is actually something I can see my son doing. Or something similar ;)

I am so jealous, everybody but me gets a drink of water then a kit is born, when I see a spider, it's a real one...but when you do it's an adorable kit. Poor wittle me

They should just have a video camera on me all the time. I am very clumsy, I get scared easily and I will often run into things. It would probably be very entertaining. :) This one wasn't my fault.

Are you sure that she did this because she is crazy? Maybe it was just a coincidence type thing...or maybe I scared her first? Sometimes I wonder about them...between Jack's back flips, Peeps dancing and now little baby kits, who are still nursing 23 hours a day, attacking me, we have to think that maybe whites are all nuts.

I don't think I would have freaked out if it was really a spider...spiders don't go SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE really loud and they don't have 100 grams of heft behind them to make the cage ring a bit. hehehehe I wish I had a video of that!

HAha, as i read your story i was sooo hard trying not to laugh, that image is too funny, a little baby kit throwing itself at you. HAAHAHHAAA

I only have one chinchilla that is CrAzY and that is Buster. He rolls around on all his wooden ledges like they have dust on them but they don't and when he's out he runs in circles in the room and the lunges at me and nips my arm. Last night was the first time he didn't attack me which I am very grateful for. :wacko:

Back