Scratches

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockWrapsody

Where is a chins favorite spot to be scratched? I have tried on the side under Izzy's ears.......he seems to like it for a few seconds. What is your experience?
Also, I bought rose hips for Izzy and he doesn't like them. He LOVES the papaya pieces (purchased from AzChins) and the mini shredded wheats. Is it normal to not like the rose hips?

Last edited:
Woodrow HATES scritches on his face. He likes his butt/hind leg area scratched. Such a weirdo. Jasper sometimes likes under his chin or behind his ears, but only for a second. Woodrow loves nose kisses though.:kiss:

Definitely normal to not like rosehips. Woodrow hates just about every treat I have for him!:banghead:

my Fluffy loves scritches on her nose, butt, behind her ears, under her chin, and on top of her head right between her ears. and Boo is in his hiding from us stage right now cause we just got him on the 31st. so no scritches for him yet.

Silver likes scritches...... as long as he is half asleep. He pushes my hand away when he is fully awake. Dragon won´t tolerate it at all but Sid LOVES being scratched, he comes up and tilts his head for a head/chest/armpit/ear/eye rub and really leans into it, he likes when I play with his ears but the second you try to touch his back he kacks and gets really annoyed. Strange boy.

Annie loves her Scritches on the side of her neck just under her head. She even demonstrated for you.

100_3510.jpg

Tinkerbell prefers them under her chin and under her ears. She will accept scritches anywhere, but when I scritch under her chin, she just sort of melts!

I have one that likes full body massages. I can touch him anywhere I want including his feet but he will not tolerate being picked up or held. About a third of the others will accept scritches under the chin, back of the neck and face. The rest don't care to be touched but I'm working on them. ;)

Behind their ears, on the back of their heads and this one spot between their shoulder and their ears are good for all four. Squeeze-massaging the bulb of the ear is also a favorite. If I try for backs or butts, I get kacked at by two of them. The other two tolerate it but don't really enjoy it. :))

I have one that likes full body massages. I can touch him anywhere I want including his feet but he will not tolerate being picked up or held. About a third of the others will accept scritches under the chin, back of the neck and face. The rest don't care to be touched but I'm working on them. ;)

We also have a full body massager here, Charger. He loves to be scratched IN his ears..all over..its crazy. We handled him the least too because he would get into such a panic it wasnt worth it..now he gets transported to and from playtime in a bath house, gets scritches whenever he wants, and is used to being held just long enough for a once over and hair ring check.

My three girls dont rly like being petted much at all. Sometimes if their clam enough tho they will put up with a scratch on their side. Between the hide leg done and the rib cage where it is soft.

My young boy doesnt like it at all anymore. But his father... he loves it. He loves getting his stomich scrated. ... ... ... Well, i think he would prefere a little bit lower, but thats not gonna happen. He even has his favorite ledge to get scrated on. If you start, he will run over to that ledge, prop on on his back to feet and let you scratch his stomich alll day long lol.

Carl my gray Chin, loves being scritched around his ears, his chin, and deffinitley his chest area. He'll stand there and let me scritch him untill he hears something interested. Then he stands on his hind legs and freezes with his ears way up. xD dont no how many times that has happened.

So interesting the different places chins like to be touched and petted! They truley are unique individuals... My little snickers likes behind the ear and under the chin as many others do.. No butt or back though definately get snickered at!

Back