Saucer Wheel

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaddyslilDimwit

I've had this stupid saucer wheel for over a year now and NONE of my chins will use it. Is it just mine, or does anyone else have issues with getting their chins to use the saucers?

And if it is just me, any tips on getting mine to use it?

Is it plastic or metal? The plastic ones aren't as secure and cins don't feel comfortale using them. Some schins just don't like wheels of any type.

Yea, that's the only plastic in the cage. I have it secured to the bottom so it can't fall over. Not even my kits would use it.

Yea, that's the only plastic in the cage. I have it secured to the bottom so it can't fall over. Not even my kits would use it.

Kits shouldn't even be allowed access to a wheel until about 6 months of age, regardless of if its secured to the bottom of the cage, and especially not a plastic wheel at that.

That wheel bends when a chin even sits on it, so I can't imagine trying to run on it. I would highly recommend getting a real flying saucer wheel.

I got the metal flying saucer wheel for one of my chins who LOVES her chin spin. She won't even look at the flying saucer. She walks around it and I can almost see her shaking her little fuzzy head, thinking, "well, this was a waste of money and cage space", lol. (Okay, it's me thinking that...)
I've tried putting treats on it, spinning it while she's near it, everything but getting on it myself (which if I fit, I think I would do, at this point). If anyone else has been successful, I'd love to hear how you got them on it. Not all chins will use them, I know.

. She walks around it and I can almost see her shaking her little fuzzy head, thinking, "well, this was a waste of money and cage space", lol. (Okay, it's me thinking that...)
:hilarious:

Well, I am glad that I ordered a ChinSpin for my chins instead of Flying Saucer. I do agree that FS takes up more space than CS, and my chins used to run on wheels, so i figured they would prefer CS :hmm:

Back