Satin Mirranda Hufflepuff: 3/26/2007 - 6/9/2011

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smhufflepuff

super-duper hedgiepig
Satin, my love, I hope I did right by you. I tried to be the best hedgiemommy I could be. I remember picking you up when you were a wee baby... 6 weeks old. You liked running around me - literally. And made a poop. Your first poop on me. Oh my girl.

I remember thinking about your name. How my friend, your "aunt" Mirranda, suggested Satin somewhat facetiously, but how it grew on me. Mirranda is your middle name. And Hufflepuff because that is what you do... you did... you made quiet little huffs and puffs. My girl. My big girl. My Satin Mirranda Hufflepuff.

I'm going to miss waking up each morning and seeing you. The light huff you made to let me know where, under you liner, you were that day. How you'd always stand up, so I could slide my fingers under your soft warm belly and pick you up. And we'd snuggle.

I will miss you in the evening. Your huff, playtime, snuggletime. The poopruns! I wonder if there is any other hedgie-human duo who does that. You trained me well... my hands a little treadmill for you to run on. My sweetie.

I will miss seeing you run around your home and to your dishes the moment I set you back in at night, they way you could focus so intently on eating your kibbles. The sheer excitement of mealworm time. You attacking your little plastic truck! How you'd stop in mid-sprint if you saw someone watching you on your wheel - but I saw you... sometimes... it was such a joy to see you run.

Wow... those poopboots when you were a baby... and a kid... and a young adult. They were impressive. Your little feet grew cleaner as you grew older... you wheeled less.

The day I found your lump. Oh, what a day. That was hard.

We've had our challenges, haven't we? But, boy, what a trooper you've been. You worked so hard to get over the problems you've run into. You're my fighter.

You've always had that bright look. You fuzzy little bed-head - fur swept to the side... all swept forward on your right and back on the left. That was adorable. You are adorable.

I hope I did right by you Miss Satin. You were very loved. I hope I didn't end things too early for you; nor too late. You had such a sparkle in your eyes. You were so good at communicating. I love... simply love... how you'd stand on the floor in front of me, put your two front paws on my legs and look up into my eyes. I loved as you pawed the edge of my t-shirts to climb under and up on my belly.

Bath time - you never did care much for that. It wasn't your thing. I suppose you don't have to worry about the bath anymore. Or how eating became difficult. Or any more owwies. I'm so sorry. I am sorry that it happened to you. I wish it were different.

Four years, two months, and two weeks. I know it's a lifetime... your lifetime in fact... but it feels all too short. I wish we had more days together. More mealworms. More snuggles. More wheeling. More love.

They'll always be love though. I will always have love for you my girl. I love you.

I love you.

You did right by her. She was well loved, taken care of, and doted over. She will always be with you, you will carry her in your memories. She taught you just what wonderful animals hedgehogs are.

We will miss you little one.

:( I'm so sorry for your loss. You can't doubt that you did right by her when you obviously loved her very very much. She had a great life no matter how short and she was lucky to have a constant, loving home that gave her so much.

RIP Satin.

Oh, your post made me cry! So so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you fit so much into your life together. Sending you hugs and healing thoughts.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Rest in peace little girl. You will be missed.

RIP Sweet Satin, you were so loved!

I'm so sorry for your loss. :flowers5:

A note from Hedgiedaddy...

There's nothing I can say that is more meaningful, eloquent, or heartfelt than Hedgiemommy's words to you, adventurous Satin.
You were in her heart and mind before I was and only the strange twists and turns of fate had me placed in the home in time to greet you.
Greet you I did. We snuggled first while mommy was talking with the nice girl who prepared you for us. You learned how to use hands like a treadmill on my hands. When you were young you used to like being held on your back while I tickled your tummy. You all too soon grew too dignified for such frivolity though.
Hedgiemommy was right. You, along with Tex, have been very strong and real troopers. You particularly seemed strong during that time Tex was so sick and I feared we'd be saying our goodbyes to him. You both pulled through though but not enough time passed before you found yourself in a fight no one could win. You are very much missed.
I know you know that no human could have done more right by you than your hedgiemommy.

Satin Mirranda Hufflepuff - Requiescat in pace. You are an excellent hedgehog.

Love - Hedgiedaddy.

Such a lucky hedgie. She'll be your hedgie angel now. I'm choked up reading such beautiful words from hedgiemommy and daddy. My thoughts are with both of you now.

My heart aches for you Melissa. Lucky were all of you to have each other in your lives

RIP sweet Satin. Melissa my heart breaks for you and Hedgiedaddy. You were the best parents a girl could ask for.

I am so sorry you had to lose Satin. She sounded spoiled rotten, so I'm positive you did right by her. You're lucky to have gotten so much love packed into a short hedgehog life, though. RIP, Satin.

i rarely cry, but right now there are tears running down my cheeks. what beautiful words!

RIP Satin. May Rainbow Bridge treat you as well as your hedgiemom and dad did.

I don't cry over anything, I've only once cried during a movie, but I have tears rolling down my cheeks right now. That was beautifully written.

RIP Satin, you were loved more than anybody ever could imagine.

I am so sorry for your loss. She passed on knowing she was loved. She will always be with you, a bond that strong will never be severed. Rest in peace and free from pain surrounded by love sweet Satin.

Melissa- I am so sad to see this. She was such a good beautiful girl. You did everything right.

Rest in Peace sweet girl.

Back