Safe Toys?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Alex~

So I thought I might start a thread for people who have any questions about petstore toys and the safety of them! I know a lot of you guys sell toys on your own online stores but sometimes the shipping can be a lot to pay for or it can be hard waiting on toys when your on a budget. This could also be toy recommendations.

So my question is about this toy: It looks like it would be appropriate and comes with quite a lot for being only 2.99. Apple wood is safe and so is loofah yes?

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4196719

I am in no way saying petstore toys are the best, by any means but I do think there are some toys which are worth it if your out and about and want to grab something really quick or just need something to hold you and your chins over until a package arrives.

So what do you guys think? :wink2:

I'd say yes to the apple wood, but no to the loofah since they don't list what they dye it with. The natural loofah that they sell is fine though, as are the willow sticks and the willow balls without the nuts/things in the center. If you're looking to save money, you're really better off buying from people on here. PetCo and PetSmart charge a lot more for wood than the members on here do and you get a lot less. I only spend about $75 every 3-4 months for wood for 4 chins and I don't limit their supply at all.

Yea I completely agree on Susan's toys. Very wonderful!

This was more of something to help people who dont have someone as great as Susan or some of you other guy's very close to them.

Back