Running out of food

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacotac

I was filling the hedgies' bowls tonight and realized the food supply is getting low. I think I read somewhere where someone buys a bunch of different varieties of food and mixes together a combination based on the request received, and then sells the person the mixture of food for their hedgie. Do you happen to know who this may be? This seems more convenient than having to buy a bunch of different kinds of food, in quantities for dogs and cats, and having a lot left over...

You only really need two or three good brands to mix. I would suggest just getting some of the smaller bags(3lb) or even some sample sized bags and mixing your own. I dont know anyone who buys their mix from another person. I wouldnt take the risk with people getting sick or busy.

I have yet to have a bag of food go to waste. You would be amazed at how fast hedgehogs really go through their food. I go through a 3 lb bag in a month..

That's what I usually do, buy like 3 brands, and one pet store nearby has sample Innova foods. It lasts a long time, but one time it actually went bad and I had to throw what was left out. One of the foods gives Paddington gas. He is always farting all the time. Wish I knew what one it was...

Back