Ruby another rescue from Craigslist

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzi1780

So I picked up another free chin from craigslist today. She will be going down with Andy to live with Sonia :D Her name is Ruby, I was told she was "white", but oddly had "turned brown"... The people adopted her from the Humane Society, along with what they thought was another female chin. Well they discovered that wasn't the case after kits came. So they decided to breed the chins one more time because "the kids thought it was cool" and then they took the male to be neutered. The male didn't make it :( So Ruby has been living by herself for awhile. They felt like she was lonely and needed another home. She seems to be in good health, she is very friendly! Poor girl lost part of her tail, they said they found her in her cage with a bloody tail, not sure if she did it or the male... they took her to the vet and had part of it removed. The cage she has been living in is small and has a horrible wheel in it. She doesn't even have a hidey house, poor thing has been sleeping in her wheel! They gave me a plastic hidey house that I guess they used when they had the male and a bigger cage. The plastic has been chewed a lot and she has an interesting water bottle! They were giving her that horrible sunseed food so I have cold switched her over to PANR. I added some lifeline in the PANR to help, will also give her some gas drops. Good news is they gave me an unopened bag of food so I took it to petsmart and exchanged it for a wood hidey house. They also were using that kayatee dust, they gave me a container about half full, and I had another half full container from Andy (my other craigslist rescue) so I combined the two and returned that for a proper water bottle! So without further ado, her she is!

In my extra cage
pics255.jpg

What's up here?
pics257.jpg

pics259.jpg

cage she came with

pics254.jpg

water bottle and hidey house she came with, forgive the poop/hay mess on the floor

pics265.jpg

Couldn't leave out Andy!
pics263.jpg

Awww, poor baby. I wondered if maybe the kids might not have grabbed her by the tail which caused her to drop it. Thank goodness for people like you. She's lucky to get into a loving situation now.

maybe a Homo Beige Pink White? She has pink ears with freckles and red eyes, one of the experts is going to have to id for sure :D

I am curious to see that pink cage with a chin in it just long enough for a picture. It looks soooooooo tiny, like maybe a house for a gerbil or something? I'm just not sure of the size of it from the picture.

I am curious to see that pink cage with a chin in it just long enough for a picture. It looks soooooooo tiny, like maybe a house for a gerbil or something? I'm just not sure of the size of it from the picture.

my camera just ran out of battery :( But here is the cage, http://www.coastcages.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=42 They said they got it for the male to live in while the female had kits... I don't know how she ended up living in it. Maybe they had a nice big cage I didn't see and they didn't tell me about since they gave me her for free.

here you go, pics of her in her cage. She jumped in her wheel, doesn't that pic make your back hurt! poor baby! She was happy to come right back out

Attachments

• pics 273.jpg
    pics 273.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 47
  • pics 274.jpg
    pics 274.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 37
  • pics 275.jpg
    pics 275.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 33
my extra cage certainly is no ferret nation but I a lot better than that thing! Price tag on her cage says it was $75! I hope they got it on sale!

Poor Baby! kudos to you for getting her!! She will be much better off! I feel bad for her mate that didnt make it :( Some people....

A cage similar to that came to me with a rescue. The cage I have is bigger though, but same principle. I am not sure what to do with it because I can't figure out what kind of critter could live in it comfortably with the wire spacing on the shelves.

Aaaanyway, good job with the rescue, looks like she needed it. She is pretty! :)

Wow, I can't even imagine how she could move in that small cage! Poor girl!

Btw, she is a beige- looks like a hetero beige to me. She sure is a cutie.

Ruby is a pretty girl and it sounds as though her future is looking a lot brighter with you. She looks similar to the beige boy Rupert that I picked up last weekend. =)

Latest posts

Back