rough feet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brittanyydevan

rubys mom
it looks like rubys feet are getting very rough and raw. is that normal? or should she see a vet? i dont want her feet to be hurting her! she seems fine and has been acting just the same as always.

Get either some bag balm (Wal-Mart carries it) or some vitamin E capsules and massage it into her foot. Rough can be normal, open sores are often times a sign of bumble foot.

Then she will need to see a vet for oral antibiotics and a topical treatment.

Take note of what Claire used to treat the feet of both bumblefoot chins she shows pictures of on her website. It can help guide the vet with what is safe for chins to use.

My chinchilla has flakey and raw looking feet too. But it's been like this for months! It hasn't gotten any worse than it was before though... I was worried it was bumblefoot but I took him to a vet and the vet didn't seem concerned... But he didn't offer anything to help make his feet stop being raw and dry! Any suggestions??

I already suggested it up above. Read the second post and it will tell you what the most suggested treatments for dry feet are.

i took ruby to the vet today and she doesnt have bumblefoot :) they just said her feet were raw and gave me some medicine for her!

she gave me baytril otic to put on her feet once a day, and then she also told me to get vitamin e oil to put on her feet once a day also. so i'm hoping they work. she said to come back in a week or two weeks to see if the issue has been resolved. but i'm so glad that ruby doesnt have bumblefoot! i was freaking out the whole time!

Back