Ronnie Update

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlbertaGirl

Expert Wheel Scrubber
Hi all, just wanted to give a quick update on my old lady. Now that we're done the antibiotics, her appetite has returned with a vengeance. She's putting the "hog" back in hedgehog! I bought some acidophilus as was suggested, and for the first time in a long time, there isn't even a tinge of green in her poop! :thumbsup: She is still sleeping most of the time, but that's nothing new. Thanks for the good advice re: acidophilus!

I'm thrilled that she seems to be rebounding so well. She's been a bit more active the last couple of days as well, which is nice to see. :heart3:

Apparently there's some sort of zero sum equation that my girls are using to decide who eats how much! Now that Ronnie's eating again, Phoebe's gone right off her food. I love my fluffy girl but she makes me want to :banghead:!

... I'll send Cuda over there. He'll show them exactly how they should approach kibble. He can be their personal coach.

I go through that too in fact I have a couple that quit eating just so I'll syringe them. I think they like the extra attention they get when being syringed. :hilarious:

Wohoo Ronnie!! So glad to hear you are feeling better! Now Phoebe - clearly we need to have a little chat....

That Phoebe... I syringe fed her this morning and she ate very happily again. Then I tickled her tummy and rubbed her chin and she was very happy about that too. I think she's just an attention seeker! She's just found one more way to spend time with Mom... it doesn't matter how long we snuggle, she always wants just a few more minutes! :laughitup:

Latest posts

Back