Romeo

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peachydays

<--My sweet girl Gregory
My dearest little Romeo,

Where do I begin? You've been gone two days now and I still can't believe it.

I know you're free from pain now, but I still miss you so much. I never thought that I wouldn't see you again when I dropped you off for your filing. I wish I had held you one last time, and not just given you scritches.

You were such a fighter. You came from a terrible situation, but you still persevered. The fact that after coming from what you did, you were still so sweet and friendly....is amazing to me. It humbles me. Thank you for showing me that even when there can be so much bad in the world, it's still possible to trust.

I wish we had more time together, but it was not meant to be.

I love you, and will never forget you.

I hope you are romping in chinnie heaven with Gregory, Ralph, and all the other chins who have gone on.

Loving you and missing you, my little Mr. Grumpy Pants.

dd476620.jpg

c937612f.jpg

6c57ebad.jpg

7b964209.jpg

DSCN6020.jpg

Last edited:
:( RIP sweet Romeo.

I'm SO, SO, SO sorry Shay. The girls and I give you big hugs.

What happened with him? How old was he? So sorry for your loss. I don't know what I would do if I lot Eleanor.

I understand the pain and I'm sooo sorry! All we can do is be thankful for the time we did have! Hugs to you!

The fact that after coming from what you did, you were still so sweet and friendly....is amazing to me. It humbles me. Thank you for showing me that even when there can be so much bad in the world, it's still possible to trust.

What an amazing gift you were able to give each other. I am so sorry for your loss, but happy you were able to spend the time with him that you did. RIP Romeo.

What sweet words for your precious Romeo. I am so sorry you lost him. May he always hold a special place in your heart, never to be forgotten.

Oh Shayna, I'm SO SO sorry :-(

RIP sweet boy

Lots of love from me and my gang.

Thank you, all.

It never gets easier to lose them. Knowing that eventually the pain I feel right now won't be so raw doesn't make it any easier to go through.

Today I spoke with the lady from the rescue that I adopted him from, and I will be donating his fleece set to them. They have a network of foster homes that the chins and other animals stay at while they wait for their forever homes. I wanted his set to go to go to other little chins in need, and I think Romeo would have liked that too.

These are two short stories about Romeo and his fellow chins that were rescued:

http://www.smallangelsrescue.org/26chins.html

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/display.htm?storyID=103804

What happened with him? How old was he? So sorry for your loss. I don't know what I would do if I lot Eleanor.

Katie, I took him in for a dental filing, and he wasn't able to make it out through the anesthesia. I don't know exactly how old he was, since he came from a rescue. The vet said he may have been much older than we would have thought, since sometimes when they're older they have trouble handling anesthesia.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace Romeo, AKA Mr. Grumpy Pants.

Back