RIP Willow & babies :(

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proudmom25

My Dear Willow,

You have only been gone since yesterday yet I miss you so much. I miss your tiny kisses and your little squeaks. I miss you being the first to greet me at the bars when I walked into the room. You were always so full of life.

I am filled with anger at the people that bred you three times in a row. I kept telling you that this was going to be the last time. That you would never have to worry about being pregnant again. That I would take care of you and love you the way you were always supposed to be loved. Unfortunately, the damage was already done. I thought because there was movement inside your belly all was okay. Little did I know that you also had a dead kit...a kit that was already causing you and its sibling damage inside.

I am so sorry I was unable to pay the outrageous vet fees to get you a c-section. I am so sorry it came to my having to let you go. I pray that you rest well over the rainbow bridge with your precious babies. Take good care of them like I know you would have here.

I miss you so much. You will always be in my heart.

100_5858.jpg

I am very sorry for your loss of Willow and her babies. :tissue: I hope you will find peace soon as well.

I am soooo sorry for you. Your post made me cry:( I know what its like to lose a pet and be low on money. I lost my best friend of 8yrs, Munchie my cat bc I couldn't afford the emergency vet. They wanted $600 just for the xray! I've had a hard time with it and this was 3 yrs ago! I feel your pain but it'll ease over time. It angers me as well at those people. Its too hard on their bodies. Even if it were a human, 3x in a row would cause all sorts of deficiencies. I'm sending you a {big hug} and I hope you feel better soon.

I am very sorry for the loss of Willow to such a needless death. I know that you have had issues with money for vets on at least two occasions, so hopefully if you take more chins into your home, they won't be possibly pregnant ones. C-sections are ALWAYS a possibility with any pregnant chin, no matter how many kits they have had in the past.

Rest in peace Willow. I hope you and your kits are together over the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Try not to guilty, there was nothing you could do.
Everyone is here if you need us.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Try not to guilty, there was nothing you could do.

I'm sorry but I disagree with this - Willow & the kits deserved a chance & they were denied it due to finances - that's not a "nothing you could do" situation. Peggy is right - the deaths were needless & I feel dreadfully sorry for the chins who have been lost.
I know that times are hard & everyone is squeezed with money but it highlights the truth being the statement "If you can't afford a vet then you can't afford the pet" - taking on "rescues" which may have illnesses or are pregnant is a huge responsibility & can be horribly expensive.

This memorial is, perhaps, a sobering reminder that anyone attempting to "save" chins needs to have enough cash (or a source of affordable credit) to support such an endeavour.

RIP Willow & kits.

To lose not one, but all of your chins..tragic and very sad! I am so sorry for your loss.

RIP Willow and babies: May you find peace and comfort over the Rainbow Bridge

First off, I do take my responsibility in this. You are right, if I am going to take in rescues than I need to have the financial ability to care for them...as with my own chinchillas...especially since I know vet care here is NOT cheap. I was not prepared for this.

While Willow did not receive a c-section, she was put down humanely. I didn't let her suffer it out and die at home to save the $ it cost for the euthenasia. I had to take into consideration the cost of the surgery and her chance of survival. It wasn't an easy decision to make.

I am human. I make mistakes. This has been a horrible lesson learned. One that I do not plan on making again. Going through this situation has really opened my eyes. I have since decided that taking in rescues is not something that I am prepared for...both emotionally and financially.

I'm sorry but I disagree with this - Willow & the kits deserved a chance & they were denied it due to finances - that's not a "nothing you could do" situation. Peggy is right - the deaths were needless & I feel dreadfully sorry for the chins who have been lost.
I know that times are hard & everyone is squeezed with money but it highlights the truth being the statement "If you can't afford a vet then you can't afford the pet" - taking on "rescues" which may have illnesses or are pregnant is a huge responsibility & can be horribly expensive.

This memorial is, perhaps, a sobering reminder that anyone attempting to "save" chins needs to have enough cash (or a source of affordable credit) to support such an endeavour.

RIP Willow & kits.

I'm sorry for your loss Jennifer. I do rescue on a small scale but I know I'm not prepared for a $2000 surgery at this point. I plan on getting some extra cash to increase my vet fund for my rescues asap!

Latest posts

Back