RIP now, my little friend.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essentia

Jax Chinchilla Rescue
I lost a little friend today. He was in my life for only a very short time, but in that time he touched my heart like no other animal ever has. Houdini was a rescue that was surrendered to me by a woman who accidentally dropped a china cabinet on him. The accident broke a vertebrae in his back and his back legs were completely paralyzed. The vet and I made the absolute final decision to get rid of his pain this morning.

Houdini, I will miss you more than you know. You were the friendliest chinchilla I have ever had the pleasure to meet. Even in your pain you wanted nothing more than head scratchings and cuddlings. Not only were you friendly, but you were absolutely beautiful, inside and out. I pray I made your last few days the most comfortable and happy days I could. I will remember the morning of the last day when I decided to spoil you with the treats you weren't supposed to have and you almost pulled my fingers off to get the rest of that apple. You looked so happy and content.

I am so happy you now have your legs back. I hope you are running and cloud jumping up in chinnie heaven. Considering how amazing you are I have no doubt you've already made some new friends.

I will never forget you and what you brought into my life.

Rest in peace little buddy.

:angel6:

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

Rest in peace sweet baby. Have fun bouncing around and doing fun chinnie things once again. My Mako and Neeko will show you the ropes. :heart5:

Rest in Peace Houdini...I hope you have the best of times playing at Rainbow Bridge! Now you can run and hop all you want!

ETA: Sending big <HUGS> to you Crysta for being an angel in his life! Wipe your tears and know he's in a much better place because of you...you loved him enough to end his pain!

Last edited:
I am so sorry Crysta, but so happy he has such an amazing last few days with you. He was very lucky.

Thank you so much for being a true angel for Houdini and making his last day so memoriable. I'm sure he is popcorning over the rainbow bridge and smiling down at you for making him so happy.

Crysta, You did an amazing job with Houdini! I'm sure he will NEVER forget you just like you will NEVER forget him. I agree with everyone else, I am sure he is at Rainbow Bridge meeting new chin friends and hopping as much as his little heart desires. (:) I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. And you did the right thing. That was an amazing rescue! I am so happy you got the chance to rehome him and not someone who knew NOTHING about chins get him. Wish you the best !

R.I.P Houdini
:cry3:

Crysta, thank you for sharing that beautiful face of Houdini with us. May he rest in peace and then leap and jump all over chinnie heaven. Houdini, you gorgeous chin, say hi to Whiskers for me.

thats was so beautiful...it brought me to tears...i am deeply saddened that this beautiful boy had to suffer...but he is no longer suffering...i cant help but to feel so angry at his previous owner...essentia how do u handle that anger...because even though i have never met her...or beautiful Houdini...this story has touched me and broken my heart but has made me extremely angry at the same time...RIP little guy!!!

Thanks guys. All of you have been amazing. :)

I buried him under a tree near my outdoor sitting area that way I can visit with him.

RIP Houdini. Crysta, while it hurts, you did the kindest thing anyone could do for him.

First a chin without legs - now a chin with wings. Have a sweet afterlife Houdini!

<3 !!!!!!!!!!! RIP sweet lil Houdini, you'll be very very missed

RIP Houdini <3

I know it's hard to put down an animal, even one you only had for a short while.. but you did the right thing for him!

Back