Rescue.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna

I love my FurBlobs.
Today I picked up a chinchilla-girl from my friend's house. She had happened by a yard sale where the family was selling a chinchilla in a 30 gal fishtank. She had newspaper, a bowl for water and plastic e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.
My friend bought her for 10 dollars because she couldn't stand seeing her like that and then called me asking if I could help re-home her or take her as her landlord wouldn't allow her to keep her.

I have a vet appointment for her tomorrow, she seems in decent health weighing 580 grams. I bought a cage to put her in and gave her some of the unopened ledges and stuff I had for my boys. She had no food in her bowl so I gave her Mazuri and hay unable to do a gradual switch.

I will take more pictures but here is one I took on my mac! She's very sweet :))
Newgirly-1.jpg

(I may end up keeping her myself too :p)

Last edited:
Glad you got her and giving her a real cage/home. Tonight our local Craigslist has some free ones including a pregant one and some 5 dollar ones or so the add said.
So sad that people buy, then breed, then discard.

She's a cutie, Anna! She looks like she's in pretty good condition given the circumstances. Good luck at the vet tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Awww Anna. Cutie pie...both of you.

Hope you have a successful vet visit with your new friend. She looks very happy to be with you.

yes, she had a delightful dust bath and seems to be happy and chirpy. i am leaning towards keeping her, if it's okay with my landlord! but so far they've allowed a dog, 3 chins and a huge tarantula so i think i'm probably good. either way i have a month before going back to school.

Aww.. congrats. She's a sweetie!

My bf saw chins at a garage sale this year. I was appalled when he told me this. The person wanted $100 a piece for the kits and $50 a piece for the parents. Very sad. It's been a week or two and now I see them advertised on craigslist.

It's great you were able to get this one. ;)

update

I took the girl to the vet and not surprisingly, the vet heard bad lung sounds. Since there was no airflow in her terrarium she had come down with a URI. She's been on Baytril and seems to be doing okay. Her appetite has lessened but she's still eating :)
I think I might keep her now I just need a name... ideas?

Back