Replacement pans for Ferret Nation cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwstaton

We have a two level Ferret Nation cage for our two chinchillas. They have begun to chew through the fleece liners and the plastic pans. Does anyone know if there a metal replacement pan that fits these cages? Thanks

Bass Equipment has some pretty good pans, but I find them to be a little on the expensive side with the shipping.

Check out Bass Equipment and look for ferret pans. They aren't cheap, but you won't need to replace them ever again. They're the best pans in my opinion for FNs.

I have ordered the bass pans for all my FN's and love em. I have a tip though -- get them powdercoated. It will make them last longer, as mine were starting to discolor and starting to rust within a year, even though I clean pretty often.

It cost me $10 per pan to powdercoat, though apparently prices go up to $40/pan, just depends where you go. If you don't know of a powdercoating place, try calling up some custom car places and see if they know of a place.

I have my pans made locally from Galvalume, which is a sheet steel coated with 55% Aluminum-Zinc alloy then painted. I have some that have been in use for 15 plus years. I have had some made for FN's and many other custom sizes as well.

Back