Red ear????

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bthny158

I woke up this morning to find Dolly's right ear extremely red. The left one is normal. I've checked it over for any signs of scratches, discharge, etc but found nothing. It looks normal except for the red. My first thought was that she's too hot but wouldn't both ears be red? And it's not that warm in her room. She seems to be moving around & eating as usual. I'll be keeping a close eye on her all day. Just wondering if anyone knew what it may be?? Thanks :)

Every now and then my boys will have a pinkish/reddish ear after a long nap if they were up against their tube or laying on it. If she's pooping and eating normally than she's probably fine and just had her ear against something for a long time.

Every now and then my boys will have a pinkish/reddish ear after a long nap if they were up against their tube or laying on it. If she's pooping and eating normally than she's probably fine and just had her ear against something for a long time.

I second this :))

Ok...I was thinking it may be an infection or something & was worried. I'll watch her for today...If it doesn't seem to get any better, I'll schedule a vet appointment.

Thanks for the responses :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now she's doing the same thing with the opposite ear...And the right ear is normal colored...??????

not sure what color Dolly is, but this typically happens with the lighter chins. my beige dude often has one red ear! it is more difficult to see on the standards.
sounds like Dolly is playing tricks on you!!

Back