QUICK ANSWER!! Moister A/C

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that was exactly my question, I was thinking of getting one too for my chins.

Also, what is considered "dry air"? I live in California and I think it's pretty dry up here, if I don't put on lotion, I really feel it on my skin =( Would a "swamp cooler" be okay?

I live in Nor Cal and I'm still getting a small portable AC (we also have central air but long story...)

I'm not sure of the humidity, but it does get well into the 90s here and those swamp coolers only cool around 12 degrees, that'd still be too hot.

I had to get a swamp cooler, couldn't find a "portable" AC that didn't need to have an exhaust out the window- impossible with my set up. If you know of one that doesn't need that please tell!

Now my set up works well, the swamp cooler doesn't seem to make it humid at least not yet. I also have the dreaded fans but they are actually set up in a hall that for some odd reason stays cold no matter what so they are set up there to move it out (it worked last summer).

I live in Nor Cal and I'm still getting a small portable AC (we also have central air but long story...)

I'm not sure of the humidity, but it does get well into the 90s here and those swamp coolers only cool around 12 degrees, that'd still be too hot.

I'm originally from So Cal but for college, i'm in Nor Cal right now! At UC Davis right now as a freshie ;) Where in Nor Cal?

What type of portable AC unit did you get and where? Next year my we're moving out of the dorms so electricity/gas isn't free like right now and my housemates are getting a little frisky about having to turn on the A/C just for "expensive rats" that have nothing to do with them....they told me to just make a coat out of them :wacko: don't worry, I smacked him good :thumbsup:

ohh i see, it says in the general features that it has a drain function...meaning it would have either water or cold ice as the main "cooler?"

ohh i see, it says in the general features that it has a drain function...meaning it would have either water or cold ice as the main "cooler?"

No, it isn't a swamp cooler or an evaporation cooler. It is still an air conditioner, and also a dehumidifier. My understanding is the water tank is for catching the condensed water. I'm reading the instructions and you don't fill it with water or ice.

Latest posts

Back