question about bedding

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanutbutter15

Right now I use pine for my other little furry friends but could i use pine for a chinchilla too?or would pine be dangerous to them.I thought it was until i read an srticle that said pine wasn't safe.So is it?:confused:

KD pine is a safe bedding for chinchillas. I have a 10 year old chinchilla that has been on KD pine bedding her entire life and she is 100% healthy. No respiratory issues or other problems and I know of multiple 18yr+ chinchillas that have been on KD pine bedding their entire lives.

I use KD pine bedding and my girl is just fine. She gets a kick out out digging it into piles all over her cage.

As long as it is KD ( kiln dried ) pine then it is safe. But you have to make sure that is says Kiln Dried on the package of chips. I once got a huge bag of pine chips and the one time I did not look, I got it home to find out it was not kiln dried. It had a huge pine oil odor to it and I ended having to use it for mulch.

Back