Puffy Eyelids ?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breevass

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had ever seen their chins gets puffy/swollen looking eyelids.. It's an all day thing, not just after waking up or anything. We recently purchased a hay play mat, and it didn't say what kind of hay it was, when we thoroughly read the package. Apparently they were mixed in with the Timothy Hay ones. This is the only change we can think of in the past few days and were wondering if maybe she was having a reaction to it ?
Or if anyone has had a similar problem, but it's something completely unrelated to what we are thinking ? Any thoughts or suggestions, please feel completely free to respond !! Thank You !!

If it's just a little red, it could be an irritation from dusting. Every now and then my boys get a little redness around the eye just after they bathe. But if it's puffy, swollen, really red, and lasts all day or more, it could be conjunctivitis which is highly contagious.

It's not red at all and it's been puffy a couple of days, but her vet is out of town. (Terror of living with a chin in the final frontier !) But it isn't red, just swollen on her eyelids, both upper and underneath both of her eyes. :/

Can you post a picture? Wash your hands after handling him just in case. If it is conjunctivitis, you can pass it to yourself or other pets.

They went down or I would have ! We removed the alfalfa hay play mat and they went down that night. So we think she just has an allergy to fresh alfalfa ? Quite possibly ?

Back