Pretty and Soft?!? Ad on a website...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dabou

mommy of Kahlua and Pedro
I've found this add on a website (kinda like ebay) about a male chinchilla that is being sold. I'll translate what's written, then if you want to check the website adress to see if you get the same impression as I do.

Tres beau chinchilla vendu avec tout les accessoires, tres doux, tres beau. Il a 15 mois. La durée de vie d'un chinchilla est de 15 a 18 ans. C'est un mâle. cause de la vente: pas de temps pour s'en occuper.
Translation :
Pretty chinchilla sold with all accessories, very soft, very pretty. He is 15 months old. The life expectency of a chinchilla ranges between 15 to 18 years. It is a male. Reason why we're selling it : no time to take care of it.

And now, the awesome link to the page.
http://www.lespac.com/detail/groupe...sherbrooke/sherbrooke/9021305/chinchilla.html

Is it just me or is he in a horrible state? He looks like he hasn't taken a dustbath in months!! I should be getting an apartment in july, and I was wondering if I should take him in if he's still for sale....I can't right now cause I'm at my sister's place till I move in my apartment...

oops I was too late to edit....erhm I put the post there cause I don't really know where else it would belong....

Just looks like he needs a bath. When you handle a chinchilla a lot their fur will look like that too, regardless of how much you bathe them.

Just looks like he needs a bath. When you handle a chinchilla a lot their fur will look like that too, regardless of how much you bathe them.

really? I don't recall my Kahlua looking like that this much....oki then, I'm a lot more reassured =) thanks a lot!

Though I'm not sure if Kahlua would accept another chin around....I'm not equipped for breeding so I'd go with another male, and lately my 3 years old baby is attacking my sister and her dog and my friend....but he's friendly with me o.o

They probably have more oily skin than you do. Some people have it really bad, some people not so much. The chin looks calm, it's just resting there. He comes with all of his stuff, so he wouldn't have to live with yours. Sounds like Kahlua is possessive of you!

Here's my old guy Doughboy, you can see how his fur gets greasy when I pet him a lot.

ooh I see =)

Well thanks for the info, it's really helpful!

Possessive of me? Do you think there's a link to the fact that he doesn't attack my sister's boyfriend? And how do I get him more friendly? o_o

Her boyfriend doesn't demand your time or attention. Your sister, dog and friend do. :))

I don't know how to make them more friendly when they're possessive, I've never had one that bad. Maybe somebody else has and will post?

Hehehe my evil little monster... I'll browse the website if I can find anything...Maybe I don't give him enough attention...=(

Back