PRC show vs fibre3 ?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic_FROST

Anybody have experience using the "3"?

Everybody is on show right now, but ran into the distributor at the feed store and they said that Fibre3 is the newest and biggest seller currently.

I have no problems with current feed, but the fibre3 is available in smaller bags which are easier for me to haul up the stairs with this bad leg. Precisely why I have a husband, yes, but he gripes. :)

So if there are better results with the 3, im sold.

I tried it. It was a bit like weight loss formula for chins. Nothing drastic but I would not switch.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the fiber 3 have corn in it. If so, I would not use it. Chins should not have corn.

No, Fibre3 does now have corn in it.

For someone not breeding I think the food is fine. It has less protein and fat that the show, but more fiber.

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the fiber 3 have corn in it. If so, I would not use it. Chins should not have corn.
This is a myth. Chins do fine on corn, but if it is improperly processed and contains mycotoxins it causes a lot of issues and can wipe out herds. This usually only happens with cracked corn. Rolled corn is heat treated and it destroys the toxins. :))

Most rabbit feeds contain corn, you'll find going to one without corn makes it difficult to sustain breeding weight.

Back