Possible eye infection? Allergies?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketlove

My chinchilla has a weird eye problem. Two days ago his eye looked strange (the fur around it, moreso) and we couldn't tell if it was fur drop, or moisture. The next day he looked fine, so that confirmed his eye had been watering. His eye looks watery again. I gently blew on his eye and he immediately closed it; the other eye doesn't have a problem at all. See attached photos. I'm not sure what to do -- he has never been to the vet, and I also don't know if this constitutes an emergency vet visit tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_20140526_184304_529.jpg
    IMG_20140526_184304_529.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 24
He doesn't need to see an emergency vet. Schedule an appointment with a chin experienced vet. You might try washing it out with human saline eye drops to see if that helps. There may be something irritating the eye causing it to water.

I personally don't mess with eye infections without seeing a vet first, you need to know if the infection was because of a injury or if its because of something else like a dental issue, treatments are different for different causes.

Back