Poor sparks is about to pop

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrsnation

My Sparks is expecting any time now. She normally weights at 800g when not in breeding. She is now 1024g. My guess is she will be having 3 kits, I am hoping she will not have any more than that. She is a Standard eb/c paired with a homo ebony. What is your guess?

I feel lucky with quads - 3 ebony and a standard! [due to weight gain]

I'm never right either but I will say twins...both medium ebs.

I'll guess this one based on my lil' Gracie's experience - 1 male eb, 2 female standards. It's amazing how agile they still are even when they look like a little chin head on a balloon body!

I feel lucky with quads - 3 ebony and a standard! [due to weight gain]

224 gram weight gain for 4 babies is not a lot unless the mom dropped a bunch of weight during pregnancy or you don't take into consideration the water with held by a pregnant anything, the sac and fliud, umbilical cord, and placenta ( which are quite large actually )

I guess two, one std e/c and one medium eb, both male.

born today at 52 g each. Two females one dark and one med eb. Mom and babies doing great.
100_3281.jpg

100_3279.jpg

AWW! Gawsh, makes me miss having baby chins. Congratulations on the beauties! Hope mom and babies will continue to do well!

I guess 2 was the winning guess! Congrats on your girls. The wait is finally over! And, as I seem to say a lot, they are adorable!

Back