Poor ChinBaby after fire alarm

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy_Bunny

Someone pulled the fire alarm in my apartment at 3am today. Niko was a bit frighten and I am sure his ears were hurting :cry2: I gave him a hug and covered his ears. Usually he moves, but I guess he knew I was helping so he let me hold him for the duration of the alarm. He must be so tired after all the ruckus. Here he is snuggling with his fleece blanket and snoozing.

Attachments

• 1520713_819032244789522_1370941104_n.jpg
    1520713_819032244789522_1370941104_n.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 81
You should be lucky! We've had to evacuate our chins our around 4-5 times in the past year due to the fire alarm going off. And we live on the 8th floor! Once it was 90C out so we had to sit in the car with the AC on, another time it was raining and like 40C out. Good thing we did though because twice were actually for fires. They weren't happy with us, but they would have been much less happy with the smoke. I always feel bad for their poor ears!

You should be lucky! We've had to evacuate our chins our around 4-5 times in the past year due to the fire alarm going off. And we live on the 8th floor! Once it was 90C out so we had to sit in the car with the AC on, another time it was raining and like 40C out. Good thing we did though because twice were actually for fires. They weren't happy with us, but they would have been much less happy with the smoke. I always feel bad for their poor ears!

Ohh goodness! I am so sorry! How many chins do you have and how did you get them out? Since the incident, I have my decided that I need an emergency cage to toss him in and get out. I am prepared for next time (hopefully there isn't a next time) Props to you for getting them out safely! :thumbsup:

Yesterday we actually had ANOTHER fire two floors down from us. 7 fire engines showed up. Usually I'm the one to pick them up out of the cage (which they never like), but only my husband was home yesterday. He was able to grab them (we have 3) and put them in the travel cages we have for them, wrap them in a blanket, and carry them outside. The travel cage is a good idea for emergencies and car rides! Chris was so flustered and paranoid that he hurt them yesterday that he put them back in the wrong cages, losing one of them, and putting the two that don't get along in the same cage. So it was my job to sort them out when I got home. I gave them a dust bath and cleaned their cages, plus gave them a loofah treat! Petunia tried to pee on my for bugging her in her cage, but they seem ok. I highly recommend getting a travel cage for them (we ordered ours online).

Just got mine two days ago so I am prepped and ready =) I even threw a fleece blanket in there for him too hehe

I kinda messed up his fur in this picture, but yes he was a bit pooped after his fire alarm adventure hahaha

Back