Playtime Ideas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smhluvsmh

Whisker Kisses Addict
My girls seem to be bored with playtime to the point where they don't seem to want to come out of their cages.:impatient:When they do play, it's not long before they are wanting to go back home. They have so much to do in their cages that I really don't blame them, but I want to play with them. Selfish me! Any ideas for playtime? They have a ware popup playpen. Tubes, boxes, a hay hidey hut, toys. They have chin spins in their cages. Is there a way to secure a flying saucer in the playpen for something different? Thanks guys!

for the flying saucer you could anchor it to stand on a wooden base.
I know your plight, my boys have 2 story high ferret nation cages that are filled with fun stuff so they barely have any interest at all when it comes to playtime...sometimes I lure them out with a snack & other times we just leave their cage doors open and sit next to the cage- eventually they'll hop on our shoulders and dart about for a bit. They also hop back in their cage on and off...to me it appears to be some sort of game they like to play. lol!

Good Luck with yours!

Thanks Dawn! Everyone is always saying their chins beg to come out. Mine beg to go back in! LOL. Just like kids, they want to do the opposite of what you want them to do. I'll have to look closer at the saucer. They've never had one.

I'm not sure how much more stuff you could put in there playpen without crowding it. The flying saucer seems like a good idea though! If your willing to invest in one just for playtime ;)

Maybe changing things up in the playpen will get them interested, like switch out diffrent toys to give them something new. Cardbored castles, tubes, chews, whatever they find interesting!

Something to consider, the cubic feet of play area inside a playpen is not much bigger than the space they have to move around in the cage, and there's no vertical in the playpen, which is their favorite. It's like going from one cage to another.

Not trying to be impolite about the playpens, I know a lot of people use them, but if they have a large cage filled with toys, the playpen is going to seem boring by comparison.

The best case scenario for playtime is to be able to chin proof a room for the to play in, and really be able to run around. And the BEST playtime toy you could ever give them is simply their mama to climb on.

Something to consider, the cubic feet of play area inside a playpen is not much bigger than the space they have to move around in the cage, and there's no vertical in the playpen, which is their favorite. It's like going from one cage to another.

Not trying to be impolite about the playpens, I know a lot of people use them, but if they have a large cage filled with toys, the playpen is going to seem boring by comparison.

The best case scenario for playtime is to be able to chin proof a room for the to play in, and really be able to run around. And the BEST playtime toy you could ever give them is simply their mama to climb on.

Yep, that's what I think is going on. Unfortunately, I do not have an extra room that they can have, unless of course I kick my college boys (21, 19, 18) out. Now, that's an idea! LOL. I was born and raised in New Orleans.;)

Sounds like they're just spoiled! If they're happy in their cage with a little bit of playtime then I'd say let it be! Sounds like you're taking such good care of their play time needs they don't have any!

Sounds like they're just spoiled! If they're happy in their cage with a little bit of playtime then I'd say let it be! Sounds like you're taking such good care of their play time needs they don't have any!

Spoiled, no way! They may not need playtime, but selfish me does!:crazy:Those little girls keep me from going out of my mind some days.

Her chins are MORE THAN SPOILED! Probably more so than my own children! :)

Now Christine, you be nice! I can't believe the best toymaker, house and bed maker, to my little princesses, would think they are spoiled. I can't help it, they are just to darn cute and so much more fun to buy for than my human princes.

How about bathroom playtime? They could still have the Mama Mountain to play on in there.

I am actually in the 'burbs outside of New Orleans. ;)

Bubbles just loves to jump around on me!
When she was out last night, my partner was sleeping. She just kept walking up and down him trying to get under the blanket lmao
She loves attention of people- if she doesn't get any she just goes back into her cage and plays with her toys haha

Back